F-117 missing drag chute

There is no drag chute on the f-117 but it does have one. ( small detail i know but still )

F-117-black-chute

7 Likes

Needs to be reported via

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder

And from someone who plays the Hunter F6 (that doesnt have a chute). It is not a small thing in my opinion. Some aircraft just dont want to land and a drag chute is a huge QoL boost in game (especially in something like the F-117 that is probably gunna be spending more time than most RTB’ing)

(Im actually going to start researching the Hunter F6A purely to try and get the Hunter F6 a drag chute :D )

3 Likes

I mean i would but every time i submit something its rejected and im not going to try to track down a declassified document specifically detailing the f-117 had a drag shoot. Its really not worth my time anymore, this post is as much as im willing to do anymore. I’m not going to play the f-117 so it doesnt matter to me if its added at this point.

1 Like

Id figure the photos would be enough, but yeah, fair enough.

Its not soviet, so needs a full dissertation :D

5 Likes

photos are not proof of something existing according to gaijin. I would have to find the tech manual make sure it was declassified and in it the documentation said there is a drag chute. no thanks.

Yeah, you likely would. It does suck.

Funny enough i was working with another guy about some f-111 stuff and the speed of dropping bombs as most are 1.3 to 1.5 release speed showed two documentations showing this but was rejected.

He just posted this today as well. so apparently if its available on the internet its considered declassified according to the US government

3 Likes

Photos are proof, and always have been.
Gaijin has never dismissed photos [plural] of ordnance.

It was already reported and will be fixed so please dont report it again :p
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/MLQOjz8QlXUb

3 Likes

No one will see me coming… just fly casual…

4 Likes

i read through the F-111F’s flight manual and most bombs are not permited above mach 1.2 and the ones that can be dropped from 1.2 are few and far between.

That is interesting. I have to brush up but i think that statement also goes against derivative training.

This was my first such report and as you can see I wrote it incorrectly.

So, just in case, I wrote another report, this time a request for mandatory declassification review.
I hope that this time I wrote the request in more detail and I will receive some letter confirming that I can use the specific manual that the request concerns ;)

1 Like

That’s because gaijin ultra-nerfed all brakes on planes because people kept nosediving and diving in props during landings

That would explain why the brakes on the Hunter feel like they dont actually work

1 Like

Yup, because people could not follow a simple tutorial, gaijin made all aircraft basically impossible to land normally

2 Likes

That still happens with alot of props, I’ve just resorted to landing without gear, it’s quicker and easier.