[Event] Mad Thunder: Rage and Loot!

The rewards seem kind of lacking.

Maybe something like this would have been a cool reward (and thematic)

6uipkae9bcx41

Universeller Sfl. (e) mit Panzerschreck

I’m sure the event will be fun but I can’t see myself playing it much.

6 Likes

Every event this time of year is different. In previous years, we would have a crafting event and an April fools event at the same time. The theme of this event is heavily customized vehicles with typically home-made and random parts (like the movie series this event is based on), so having resource collection and upgrading using these resources makes sense with this event.

6 Likes

pass for me this time

5 Likes

Thanks, but no thanks.
If I wanted to play Crossout I’d play Crossout. Pass.

3 Likes

No it has completely no sense to tie everything to crafing/grind/time limits. But i bet we gonna be able too buy parts on overpriced market…
We used to have fun events back in the days that ware without all this crap and were hugely fun and successful.
At this rate you can rename all Event into Grindvent

1 Like

The market is not involved in this event.

7 Likes

What grind? There’s only event.
And if you do well/play long enough you get bonuses.

@sh4d0w
Pack vehicle prices lower every year from inflation.

@Godvana
This isn’t a vehicle event, this is April Fools… so why should there be a vehicle reward?

@Szatanshow
There’s nothing to grind for…
You should read the post before posting yourself.

4 Likes

Ha!

I guessed right!!!

A while ago when Dune came out we had an Arrakis-style event, then with Avatar 2 in the theaters a Pandora-style event…

Now a new Mad Max franchise movie in the cinema (and Dune 2, but we had that one already…) I thought “hmm, mebbe somerhing Mad Max themed…”

😅

4 Likes

The grind to get those bonusses. The grind to get the 3D-decorations, decals etc.
Also to grind throug the progression tree

and the grind to get those resources.

Calling this not a grind, would be equal to saying, that you don’t need to grind for the different skins of like the F16 C. You just need to play over and over to get the required kills/points to get it.
Same with modules (like the different secondary loadouts), or titles like “Ace”.
To get them you need to play over and over matches.

Here a definition of grinding from the Camebridge Dictionary:
to repeat tasks many times in order to make your character more powerful, get more useful things, etc

Like with the tank football you have to play over and over again to get the neccessary actions for the different decals, the title etc.
This is still a grind. It doesn’t matter if it is an event or the “base game”.

3 Likes

They are really efficient in developing a new gameplay
So when can we fix those ISSUES?
QQ图片20240401182507

2 Likes

In my game this event is not available at this moment, is there a problem with my install?

1 Like

I assume we don’t get RP and SL for this event and we’re just supposed to waste 3 weeks on it?

2 Likes

Hi, it starts at 11:00 GMT. This is in ~25 minutes.

They fix issues pretty fast if you play correct nation

1 Like

If they combined marathon with 1 April event, well, this is deftly made

I mean it is normally just a fun thing, that since a few years also partially tests a new feature Gaijin wants to implement (we had naval, submarines, UI, modern armor/tanks, …).
So I am fine with not getting in game progression to research some vehicle (even though a bit would be appreciated), but then having upgrades and stuff for the event vehicles etc and the grind for things like the title and the decals is imo not a good decition, which makes me think, that it is that progression and a gameplay thing or two they are testing.

Man, I won’t be able to play for most of the event😞. Any way we could possibly buy the missed rewards? Either on marketplace or with GE?

is there any sales??

1 Like

Wah! Wah! 😭 More FREE content Waahh! 😭 😭

2 Likes

if a person don’t like the event but still wants the rewards it is going to be a grind to get them as they are mixed in the tech tree with the other upgrades/things.
it isn’t just enough to just play half-heartedly as you need resources to unlock them and if you don’t survive you wont get the resources and only if you get rage-tokens from kills are you guarantied loot.

i.e playing bad can net you zero (as far as i understand the main post) making the event into a grind if you want all of the rewards.

Edit: i personally don’t care for the rewards and will play only because its fun. (if the event is fun, i don’t know yet as it hasn’t started)

Edit 2:
correction, you get to keep the Rage you had in the last vehicle you played if you get killed in all of them. but rage still requires kills and or “kill-stealing” a wreck. AND they DON’T convert into recourses so you still need to survive for those.

2 Likes