East germany tanks when

I really think that east germany tanks should be added to the german tech tree. There already are some but by doing a minimum of research you can find that east germany wideley used tanks like the PT-76, the T-54/T-55, the BMP-2 and even SPG like the 2S1 and 2S3. It also had SPAAs like the Strela but germany doesnt lack in those. My proposal would be to use the T-54 to imporve the 8.0 lineup of MBTs to something other than the Leopard A1, since the whole lineup plays like light tanks it would be nice to have something to differentiate gameplay to pull different types of plays in. Same thing for thee T-55, it would fill the 8.3 hole and help the M48 A2 G A2 (which isint that great). The last wanted item is the BMP-2, although what is needed at 8.7 is an MBT , the BMP-2 would be a nice addition to diversify gameplay of light tanks from cannons to missile. The SPGs and SPAAs arent really needed but the others would be higly appreciated. If needed i can do some extra research to back up my claims so that they can be implemented.

4 Likes

East Germany had a few unique modifications for T-54s and T-55s, those should definitely be added. Strela 10 and the AA BRDM could be added too.

3 Likes

You want to play USSR with extra steps.

1 Like

Spare germany from even more soviet garbage cans

Honestly, I’d love to play the east german T-54A

4 Likes

For SPAAs they could do the Strela-1 as a 9.3 IR-Missile SPAA.

That’s one of the special traits Germany has after WW2. They have the best from both worlds and then they started to build their own stuff again.
Chinas Tree is in a similar situation, with Taiwan and PRC.

BMP-2 and Strela-1 or 10 would be good additions.
And the T-54/55 would bring some more diversity to a BR where you only have the Leo I and an M48. It would also pad out the lineup. So you got more than only 2 MBTs.

3 Likes

i agree. they had it in active service. they should get it

2 Likes

the USSR tree already exists

1 Like