Don’t cheat = Keep your account

My suggestion: don’t cheat.
Replays are super easy to watch, and cheating is usually very obvious. Gaijin doesn’t play around with cheating, and us honest players applaud them for it. If your account was one of the ones banned, good riddance. Don’t try to make an excuse for why you were erroneously banned.

59 Likes

Thank you for your opinion, what would we do without people like you… It would be just infinite bog of darkness and chaos. The good men going crazy just by staring into it while it pull them into itself with cold claws tearing their flesh piece by piece.

People forget that gaijin invests a lot of their time and resources developing anti-cheat software and algorithms designed to detect anomalies. And with the recent developments (unverified) on social media, a lot of cheaters got what they deserved, a permanent ban. The less cheaters and bots, the better the gameplay becomes.

8 Likes

My question is… What is the line between “cheating” and “not cheating”?

If you have to ask, you already know.

5 Likes

I don’t. 3.2 of the EULA says little to nothing of what can be allowed, such as “software”.

yeah thats an actual interesting question

3.2.3. No malicious or deceiving use

• use software that automates the game process (bots, mods), changes gameplay or functionality of the Game, grants an advantage over other players not using such software, or otherwise changes game experience, whether yours or any other player’s;

I think its pretty clear…

8 Likes

EULA 3.2.3 states everything you need to know…

Most specifically “use software that automates the game process (bots, mods), changes gameplay or functionality of the Game, grants an advantage over other players not using such software, or otherwise changes the gaming experience, whether yours or any other player’s”

Any software that modifies the game in any way can be a violation, my recommendation is to NOT cheat and not to screw around with the game files or use 3rd party software to modify gameplay.

9 Likes

That is 1 of 7 of the rules given in 3.2.3, and its one of the only 2 that gives a decent description of what it is ruling out.

Understood.

What do you need to rule out? Have you installed 3rd party software that is giving you advantages over other players?

Yes = you are cheater
No = you are not cheater

9 Likes

The guy who went above and beyond in this case should be promoted somehow and at least given a shitton of GE for his contribution

5 Likes

They should hire him as a special cheating prevention agent , give him some monthly salary and pay for his cheat subscriptions for him to gain cheaters trust and leak cheats

Crazy concept 😱

1 Like

I mean… Again, this has no exceptions to the rule. Me using a 3rd party plugin that uses game information solely from the in-game browser falls under that, yet is accessible to everybody by the same means.

1 Like

That’s still cheating. Any third party software that gives any advantage to you which is unavailable to players without said software = cheating.
ULQ? Available to all players - not cheating.
Software downloaded from website? Cheating

3 Likes

As said, it’s entirely available through the in game browser. This is only a plugin that allows it to be shown in a separate format and be color configured.

The “software” is quite literally available through the in-game browser.

1 Like

Good idea is not to. The in-game browser is just… a browser. So I don’t see the significance of it being the in-game browser. I don’t even download sound mods, and honestly not even user skins. I keep it strictly to what’s in the game, and I don’t worry about my account being yeeted.

1 Like

Alright.