Does the Abrams have a spall liner? No from what I could find

No?
Listen brother - you’re the one hijacking the Abrams SPALL LINER thread.

I think the Abrams turret ring is incorrect, and anything else is extremely minor.
What the Abrams does not have by any means is a spall liner. This is the thread for the Abrams having a spall liner and I’m making fun of the myriad of people who think it’s something even worth debating.

This thread was hijacked first by people whose’s blood boils at the thought of the Abrams getting any sort of improvement in any way.

Sure it’s about spall liners, but it was easily derailed into claims that “Abrams is the best/second best MBT in the game and needs no changes”.

2 Likes

The opponents are not very different whatsoever.
I have quite literally played hundreds of games at 10.0, my most played BR, which faces the same enemies as the 10.3 Abrams, and I’ve played 11.7.

The enemies are barely different and the top tier tanks that are essentially upgraded versions of ~10.0 tanks share the same weakspots. The only thing that actually changes is CAS prevalence becoming a lot worse. The tank gameplay is essentially identical.

You have 2 higher tier US tanks with the Abrams (1.67 kd) and IPM1 (0.75 kd) not only do you have almost zero experience in high tier US but you do worse in it than your higher tier China ZTZ 96A (P) (1.76 kd) MBT2000 (1.68 kd). Not to mention you have an extremely low battle count above 11.0 for any nation.

You do better in eastern designs yet try to clown people for having better stats in nato tanks. You insult peoples skill when your own kd above 10.0 seems to average 1-1.6 That’s hypocrisy at its finest. Maybe drop the superiority complex and get more experience before commenting on high tier.

3 Likes

Looking at T-90M,T-80BVM,STRV122 Family,Leclerc Family,Type-10 Family.

Source: Trust me bro.

Its clear as a day that no one in this thread should take your claims seriously, especially about Abrams.

2 Likes

It’s literally about spall liners, which was debunked almost immediately - and then the very crux of the thread was attacked for its malicious nature, that being the fact that American players are by far the most whiny and unrealistic when it comes to the Abrams, despite other nations having actually far more poorly modeled vehicles.

I played the Abrams in 2018, 6 years ago. And had a 1.7 K/D. I played the MBT2000 for 70 games this year and I have a 1.7 K/D. Not the same person, I would wager a much better player.

And you also mention my IPM1 K/D even though I have 15 games in it with this modification screen, that was, once again, played years ago:

Nope. My source is reality.

Up-armored T-72s and Leopard 2s. Yeah? And those very same are facing the “unseen” 11.7 threats. That I have already seen. When playing 11.7. Why did you think you were making a point with this?

Which based on zero experience.

Upamored tanks that has significantly less weakspots, similiar firepower and much better survivability overall.

Thanks for proving my point that you have zero knowledge about top tier tanks.

6 Likes

You are going to shoot the BVM and T-80B in the exact same spot. Covering the exact same area.
Just like the T-90M. You could make a point for the Leopard 2s because of their hull - but the 2A5 and 2A6 are at 11.7 anyway.

Not that it matters because you don’t seem to understand that my point was proven from the moment that picking apart small changes was necessary.

Also, much better survivability? Pretty sure the Merkava and Ariete are just as survivable at 10.0-10.3 as they are at 11.7. The BVM doesn’t have any magical modifiers the B has. The Abrams doesn’t have a spall liner. The Challenger 2’s hull ammo is still there just like on the Challenger 1. The 2A5 and 2A6 without spall liners are still 11.7.

The T-90M still has the same LFP, carousel, lower sides and breech (but at least the side spall liners are there, although you also don’t have the 6.5 second reload and are still only reversing at 3km/h).

So, by survivability - you mean the Leopard 2A7 and Strv122 survivability going up. Yeah, sure. But those are the best tanks in the game…

All of these tanks are literal bodykits of existing 10.0 tanks. They play the exact same. I played the ZTZ-96A the same way I played the ZTZ-99 and then VT-4. The tank gameplay is unchanged. I don’t even know why you’re trying to imply it changes. Outside of CAS, of course.

It is different, but the tanks certainly are not substantially different whatsoever.

Although this is slightly misleading, because when the IPM1 was added it had stock APFSDS iirc.

Yes, M735 was stock from what I remember.
So, yeah, 15 games after which I had just unlocked FPE, and I obviously had double the K/D in the M1 Abrams after ~140 games, so I think the IPM1 K/D being brought up is very obviously misleading, only done to make it seem like I did “worse” in the Abrams than I did in the Eastern tanks I played 6 years later…

Difference is BVM has the same gun handling that has M1A2 has, not to mention it also has similiar mobility and significantly less weakspots compare to T80B.

Thats right i cant understand your point cause it contains zero information and knowledge.

Show me a single reply where i mentioned about Merkava and Ariete, people like you are always like to bring those tanks into arguments in order to justfiy their empty claims while ignoring real top tier tanks.

I guess someone doesnt have any idea about overperforming hull armor.

Didnt even talked about Challengers as well, another pointless counter argument.

Both tanks does have Spall liner on their turret, thanks for showing once again that you lack basic knowledge about Leopard Family.

Just like any other top tier tank, difference is those weakspots are much smaller compare to its counterparts.

Not even close but you couldnt know that since you dont have them in the first place, actually you dont have anything other then 105mm Abrams and Chinese tanks at high tiers.

Its normal for you to not understand because you lack experience.

Same situation again, lacking knowledge.

3 Likes

You are just proving our point then.

You are talking about M1A2 SEP and SEPv2 as if you had a PHD on first hand experience on the Abrams tank when, on your own words, your only experience with the Abrams was a bunch of matches back in 2018 with the now far-from-to-tier Abrams variants.

You are not basing your opinion on the Top Abrams tanks on any experience, just on bias.

3 Likes

It has the exact same weakspots.

The conversation is about top tier tanks. The Merkava and Ariete AMV are top tier tanks in the game.
They are literally tanks at 11.7. They will be mentioned.

Do you think the Abrams being expressly better than them doesn’t count because they’re not “real” 11.7 tanks despite being 11.7? What stupid semantics just to make your argument seem stronger.

Sorry i dont take someone’s words seriously when they talk about vehicles that they dont have.

What bias? I’ve literally played these vehicles. I’ve played Chinese top tier vehicles. I’ve faced these vehicles and I used them. And I know what it means to have a 5 second reload speed and 10 degrees of gun depression and other advantages.

Brother in Christ it’s not misleading considering you have no other tanks to compare to, those are genuinely the only high tier US tanks you have. You legitimately do better in Chinese tanks and your stats show it. If anything it bolsters the argument that you have no room to be commenting on US top tier on the basis of a lack of experience

3 Likes

I’ve killed hundreds of T-80s, T-72s and I’ve killed BVMs and T-90Ms.
Exact. Same. Weakspots.

No. You have not “literally” played M1A2 SEP, M1A2 SEPv2, M1A1 HC or M1A1 AIM against hordes of 2A7Vs, 2A7HUs, 122B+s, 122B PLSSs,122As and BVMs.

You played a bunch of matches with M1 and IPM1 against Leopard 2Ks and T-64Bs in 2018.

2 Likes

I did the exact same while playing those vehicles in 2018 with far less experience.
Are you just all mentally ill?

In that same year - I played the M36 GMC and I had a slightly over 1 K/D.
Last year, I played the Chinese M36 GMC and I had a 2 K/D. Completely different people.