Does the Abrams have a spall liner? No from what I could find

Nice deflection, you have no proof so you keep coping and asking for artificial buffs

Except that is what I’ve been doing quite a bit for the last few weeks. Even hull down they are quite easy to OHK.

Also coming back to this^. If you unlocked the IPM1 back in 2018 why do you only have 15 games in it?

This also must have dropped a little bit, because it’s 1.7 now.

OHK? Hull down? With what? HE? Literally what? I’m going to look at your stats now, and if something doesn’t line up, I’m just going to completely dismiss what you’re saying.

Because it’s just outright falsehoods. It’s not any easier to OHKO than any other tank is. Probably harder. Definitely harder than some… Like the Ariete or the ZTZ-99A.

And… there it is.

You primarily play America, and these are your stats in high tier American vehicles:

And these are your stats in non-American high tier vehicles:

The same person who says that the BVM is better than the Abrams, yet has a far lower K/D in the BVM and other Russian vehicles than in his American vehicles. Or most other vehicles, really. Except the 2A7… Almost like what I said is exactly 1:1 with reality…

Respect for playing multiple trees unlike most US players, but why the paradoxical statements?

Buddy we know you main Russia so keep your opinions to yourself and keep coping about your copium plastic made tanks.

1 Like

In all honesty, a helmet and torso arent rhe only zones that will get hit considering how wide the spall arcs are.

Its a losing battle, the hydrogen bomb VS coughing baby.

Un 2019, the Abrams armor was also significantly underperforming, and it was only fixed in 2021.

The hull was underperforming by 50mm so it didn’t even reach 350mm, so even those DM33 equivalents could punch through with ease.

So yeah, gameplay wise, the Top Abrams been glass since 2019.

1 Like

What’s the falsehood? Cause “Abrams is easier to OHK than other tanks” hasn’t been one of his claims.

As far as I can see, it was you who claimed that Abrams is harder to OHK under circumstances and his counter claim was that Abrams is just as easy to kill as any other MBT.

To me it looks like you’re having a meltdown because he disagreed with your anecdotal statement.

11 Likes

I also love how the best defence of people who claim that the Abrams is the “second best armored tank in the game” is that “it’s better protected than the Ariete and the Merkava” lmao.

Being better protected than the Ariete, the worst protected MBT in all of Top Tier, is apparently a feat now.

Let’s just ignore the 8+ tanks that have 690-750mm KE hulls while having equally as good or better turret and smaller and fewer weakspots; Abrams’ 350mm KE hull and 50mm thick neck is the 2nd best armored tank because it’s better than the tank whose’s hull is 200mm KE.

Also always conveniently listing Leopard 2A7V, Leopard 2A7HU, Strv 122B+, Strv 122B PLSS and Strv 122A as “a single tank”, which is one of the strangest ways to count vehicles in a game I’ve ever seen.

But the best of all is; it’s not like I am asking the Abrams to be invincible. I’m just asking for some fuel tank bulkhead and turret ring fixes and for the dead weight on SEPv2 to be optional lmao

But apparently that’s also bad, be it because “it would change nothing” or because “it would make it “even more” OP”, depending on the person.

6 Likes

Overall I have most battles in the US, but I have barely played the US after the recent update. The fast majority of my ground battles in the last 2-3 weeks have been grinding and almost spading both the 2A7HU and Namer 30.

2A7HU (the top tier MBT that I played the most in the last 2-3 weeks) doesn’t really have HE, so only APFSDS.

Most of the time if an Abrams wants to take a shot when fully hull down they have to expose either their turret ring or the bottom/floor of the turret cheeks. The former is an obvious one shot kill, and the latter can be a one shot kill if you hit the bottom/floor of the loader’s turret cheek because it will most likely pen the ammo door and detonate it. Though I do have to admit that this can be a slightly harder shot to hit consistently.

2 Likes

We already have similar tech which is flak vest that heli pilot and bomber crew get. what they do was just increase their health point i assume . It would still be better than nothing and everyone could get them.

2 Likes

2020*

This also meant that the M1A2 had better armour than the Leopard 2A5 overall.

The IPM1 became a Leopard 2A4 but superior in every category.

True, just checked, September 2020.

Leopard 2A5’s UFP was 450mm KE + spare tracks; it could occasionally have 3BM42 and alikes for lunch, unlike M1A2’s 300mm armor and then 350mm armor.

IPM1 is better than Leopard 2A4, yes; and both M1 and IPM1 were OP back in 2018. But a lot has changed ever since.

M1A2 SEP and M1A2 SEPv2 are not even remotely close to being the 11.7s M1 and IPM1 were as 10.0s.

Back in 2018, M1 and IPM1’s survivability was peak and their mobility was extraordinary compared to their counterparts, so even with they weak armor they were OP, specially when their counterparts were Leopard 2K or T-64B.

In 2024, SEP and let alone SEPv2’s mobility isn’t anything special, their survivability is extremely poor and their armor is incredibly weak compared to Leopard 2A7HU, Leopard 2A7V, Strv 122B+, Strv 122B PLSS, Strv 122A, T-80BVM and others.

1 Like

As always, I’ll always be blown by people who just want to keep the Abrams down by pushing the premise that “it’s actually OP” when it’s merely average and even subpar compared to the latest additions.

Just because other tanks have it even worse (artificially in many ways at that) it doesn’t mean the Abrams don’t deserve their fixes or a new family member with actual improvements.

1 Like

same ppl that complain in this game t series have it so bad that because gun depression and backup speed. then they go in facebook and praise every t series in existence.

ppl usualy want handouts and if all nato tanks were modeled correctly who would feed the russians?

1 Like

Stop right there.
Second best armored?

No? I said second best tank. Are you so daft that you believe armor is the only thing that matters? The T-90M has a lot more “armor” compared to the M1A2 SEP, but I would choose the M1A2 SEP over the T-90M any time.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

Convenient? They LITERALLY are the same tank. If the M1A2 SEP were in the Italian tree, does that mean it becomes a different tank? I’ll tell you what - it would definitely have better stats than the American one… But it wouldn’t be a different vehicle.

Never said it’s OP. And it’s NOT average OR subpar.

It is literally better than every other tank in the game other than the Leopard 2A7/Strv122. Explained this multiple times with many paragraphs, and all you’ve done for all of my points was create a strawman (such as saying “2nd best armored” instead of “2nd best” and then talking about KE armor values taken out of context) and then make weak arguments around that.

The literal best tanks in the game are all Western and any experienced player would choose the Type 10, M1A2 and top tier Leopard 2 variants over any Russian tank. I would personally even take the LeClerc over any of the Russian top tier tanks, but that’s just preference.

What is wrong with you people? Seriously?

1 Like

very experienced players would choose the abrams? lol

i also didnt know the type 10 was a nato tank

Yes?

The Type 10 is a more Western tank design than anything. Pointless semantic.

no?

i wasnt talking about tank design

1 Like

Okay, let’s check your stats…
Averages 1-1.3 K/D, only effectively plays one nation (UK).

Wow! I am not surprised!