Discount on the Ka-50 for Nikolai Kamov’s Birthday!

On September 14th 1902, Nikolai Ilyich Kamov, a famous Soviet aircraft designer, was born. In 1929, together with Nikolai Skrzhinsky, he created the first Soviet autogyro, the KASKR-1 and in 1940, he headed his own helicopter design bureau, where the famous series of Ka helicopters was produced. Kamov and Skrzhinsky invented a Russian word to replace the word “helicopter”: “vertolyot”, an amalgamation of verbs “to spin” and “to fly”.

The Ka-50 has a 30% discount!

In honor of Nikolai Kamov’s birthday, the Soviet Ka-50 attack helicopter can be purchased with a 30% discount in the Gaijin Store!

When: From today until September 16th (12:00 GMT).

Where: USSR > Helicopters > Premium vehicles.

About this helicopter

• Work on the Ka-50 began back in 1976, with it entering service only in 1995. In 1993, the Ka-50 featured in the Russian “Black Shark” movie, hence its nickname. This is one of the most modern helicopters in War Thunder. It’s fast, maneuverable, armed with the 9K121 “Vikhr” ATGM which is also effective against air targets thanks to the radio fuze, as well as the “Igla-V” MANPADS.
8 Likes

Aww heck no! More Ka-50 Spam!?

9 Likes

So thats why no internal modules for Ka-50!

15 Likes

Time for everyone to play their favourite high-tier SPAA

1 Like

One last sale before the modules get added aye XD

2 Likes

Right now no modules worse than having modules. That kind of damage (which is literally a couple of bullets) already disables all helicopter functions except flight.
изображение

6 Likes

FINALLY, IM BUYING THIS THIS AFTERNOON!

Been waiting for ages

Nevermind, it’s only a 30%

Wait, it’s only 40$, I’m buying it.

This things gonna be so fun in simulator battles.

The 15 prem days and 2k GE makes it worth it

Gooooood

Yeah someone hit me with one round in my tiger (20mm) and i couldnt fire or aim or anything.
Hardly realistic sigh

1 Like

3 Likes

Ka-50 on simulator doesn’t worth that much. Specially in Ground Battles as people will straight up shoot you down at the moment you blip in their radar.

20x zoom multiplier kills this helicopter, maybe that’s why it stays at 11.0, as the only difference between it and later helicopters is the lack of thermal and bad optic zoom multiplier.

1 Like

I run a stick setup, so I should have no issue on low alt attack runs.

I’m already used to the flight profile from testing driving it a lot as well.

Or should I wait and buy when it’s 50% at Christmas?

hmm, we never had this sale in any previous year, despite having Ka-50 in game since 2019 … so it really looks like Gaijin just wants to squeeze in one last sale before internal modules are implemented for Ka-50

or maybe this sale is an excuse for not having Ka-50 on discount during WT anniversary or Christmas sales because “it was on discount recently”, similar to last year sales shenanigans …

we’ll see …

1 Like

Having no modules is a nerf, not a buff, because damage to the airframe can disable weapon systems.

1 Like

If I purchase it through the game, but my game and account is on Steam, will it still only cost 35.99$, or will it cost extra because it’s on Steam?

You can buy it throw the Online Store button in Warthunder or you can login in the warthunder store with steam and buy it from there. If you but it on your browser you need or to restart the game or open the store in warthunder and let it load, then if you close the steam overlay your profile will update and you will get the pack

1 Like

Please tell me this one is on consoles. It is getting sad on how many things I have to miss out on.

just wait 30% not worth it. just grind out helis with ground by checking the box.

I bought it anyway, because I like it, and think it’s a cool machine + extra stuff.

1 Like

Why only for Russia? Why dont we get events for other nations of this type. For example.

Sir Sydney Camm. Born 5th of August 1893, or Ralph Hooper 30th of January 1926 or Stanley Hooker 30th of September 1907 who were the 3 lead people for the development of the Harrier. This event could come with the AV-8A and Harrier Gr1 sales.

But nope. Only celebrating soviet stuff once again.

1 Like