Differnet types of MiG 21's

Why in the world is there sooo many MiG 21’s in the game!!! And can you guys describe the Pros And Cons of each MiG and which one you would personally choose(if possible :) ) anyways I was getting like 2500 GE and was thinking of buys one of them :)

I don’t wanna burst your bubble, but there isn’t a MiG-21 that can be bought with 2500 GE, even if 50% off.

As for all variants, well, I can dumb it down, but do note that I don’t have every one of them, so it won’t be 100% accurate, and I’ll be talking gameplay wise:

MiG-21F-13: This is one of the earliest models, known for its basic design and limited capabilities. It lacks advanced radar and modern missiles but is agile, making it good for dogfights at close range, but it will bleed speed a lot, like all other MiG-21s aside from the J-7E

MiG-21PFM: This variant improves upon the F-13, adding better avionics, more powerful engines, and a radar. It’s a more versatile MiG-21, and it should be at the same BR as the F-13 (last time i checked, idk about now)

MiG-21MF: This version includes a more advanced radar and better missile capabilities, making it much deadlier in both air combat and ground attack missions. It is available for multiple nations in the game, including Germany and Italy.

MiG-21bis: The bis version has a more powerful engine, excellent speed, and greater missile variety. Good amount of countries have it, like USSR (ofc), Italy, Germany and Sweden.

MiG-21SMT: This variant has increased fuel capacity, but at the cost of some agility due to its bulkier design. It’s suited for longer missions where fuel is crucial but trades off some of the nimbleness found in earlier models.

MiG-21bis-SAU: Pretty much just a MiG-21bis with R-60M and flares without the ECM pod. Germany and Italy have it.

MiG-21 “Lazur-M”: Almost the same as the SAU gameplay wise

MiG-21UPG “Bison”: The Indian Air Force’s upgraded version features modern avionics and new missiles such as the R-27’s and R-73’s, making it (as of now) the most modern MiG-21 ingame

J-7II: It’s a license produced F-13 from China with an extra 30mm cannon and better engine

J-7E: The absolute greatest aircraft that has ever graced this earth. It is the pinnacle of aircraft innovation, as some might say, peak (I’m totally not biased towards it trust me :)). It has redesigned wings, making it lose far less speed with turns, aswell as being lighter. It is still based on the F-13, but has a better radar rangefinder. Oh, and most importantly it features the PL-5B, God i love that thing.

1 Like

What about J7D

The J-7D is like a Bis, but without Bis weapons. Main weapons are PL-5B or PL-7