[Development] Vickers Mk.11: The Wheeled Behemoth

I’m not convinced we’ll get anything like that this update after this announcement, except if they end up being premium. Gaijin has never added two tanks in one nation that are similar in BR/rank, unless one of them is a premium. Plus Britain didn’t even get a trechtree tank last update, so I doubt they’ll get two now.

1 Like

Great, more lunch box. Wonder what is next. 🙉🚪

Anybody happen to know what, if any, advantage this would have over the Rooikat 105 that Gaijin themselves is suggesting to grind for it in the first place? I might just end up using it anyways but the Rooikat MTD and 105 already get into trouble just due to how enormous their chassis are I don’t see tangible advantage mentioned that would outweigh being an even bigger target than before.

That is WAY too similar to other Chally 2s and I would hate that. Britain really doesn’t need a 6th Chally 2, they need tanks that are more different from what they already have.
Britain needs support vehicles. An IFV/light tank with an auto cannon, or an IR missile SPAA for the 9.0-10.0 gap. Maybe a more modern ATGM carrier if there are any, bc the Ratel chassis is utter garbage.
But definitely not another Chally 2 with minor differences. Britain doesn’t need to copy the dozen Magachs of Israel.

2 Likes

Probably not that long, likely end of October/early November. Last year the update was before the anniversary sale.

I’m not quite sure about biggest one, as the Class 3 exists, but we’ll see when it’s here.

idea for the missile SPAA could be that old missile Rooikat that was in the South African vehicle teaser trailer, plus British top tier cant really have anything new unless we get a challenger 3 in the far future which would just be a CLIP and a BN and maybe even the 2E in one vehicle, we could only really get mid BR vehicles and any top tier ones would likely need to be either foreign or other prototypes like the BN

yeah the Patria would likely be of similar size and the class 3 would likely trump it but not by much

Are we getting a stamp of approval here Morv? I basically wait for your opinion on British stuff.

Haha, I can comment with confidence on air, but not as much with ground…I don’t really touch it. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

My opinion on this addition though

It will entirely depend on BR, but could end up being nearly the same BR as light tanks weve already got so… I don’t know how helpful it will be. If it’s higher than that then I have some concerns about how effective a 105mm gun is going to be Vs 11s.

We also have no word on shell type. So… could be meh in that department.

It’s also going to be huge compared to most light tanks. Which might make it great for some spots but a giant target for most situations. With no armour, it would simply be target practice.

It’s only hope is that it’s fast, has really good shells and is at a sensible BR. But is a step in the right direction based upon references to it being usable chassis in different configs in the future

But assuming it’s about BR10, and can do some damage vs most tanks when aimed well. With a noticeably higher fire rate than other similar BR 105mm tank. Then it Will be good addition for that BR line up. But I’d probably never think of taking it into the 11.3 line up, even just as a scout drone carrier.

1 Like

It’s so ugly. I love it!

1 Like

Cool light tank
But will we be seeing a higher tier British IFV sometime soon?
Desert Warrior or Stormer 30 in particular would be neat ;)

1 Like

if you look in the Bhishma’s devblog they did confirm more AFVs, IFVs and non-mainland britain vehicles. Exact quote “First and foremost, we’d like to let you know the reasons as to why we’re going to be adding this vehicle to the British tree. Britain’s top-tier MBTs are generally niche and are typically geared towards methodical combat engagements. Because of this, additional export MBTs and other vehicles that have ties to some Commonwealth nations will allow for more options and new approaches to Britain’s gameplay. We’d like to note that we are continuing to work on filling the British ground forces tree, which will include various armored, infantry fighting vehicles, and light tanks. These are planned for the future.”

1 Like

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be anytime soon or actually usable at high or even top tier. Where Britain is concerned, this might be it for Britain ground TT for the rest of the year.

1 Like

yeah, hopefully we do get some more of these vehicles because Britain could use the support. i love the warrior and the Rooikats, but we could defiantly use more autocannons. Honestly i would like to see the Boxer AFV in the future

1 Like

I assume it’s going after the VFM5, hopefully in a folder with it.

Yeah, and I fear this is just a worse version of the rooikat 105 but for the TT.

1 Like

Probably gets better ammo like the VFM5 does. Can’t see any reason you’d want to use it over the MTTD or Rooi 105.

3 Likes

nope it will be at the end of october. the october’s update is always a little update and the time beetween the first devlblog and the update is really short

Would’ve been nice to have some other tanks to compare to them. Like pz4 or sherman.