[Development] Discussing reports related to the Challenger 2 MBT

Thankyou sir, doing gods job for him. I haven’t seen anyone else notice this and present it so hopefully they accept it as it is from the documents they themselves have quoted from.

2 Likes

As an addendum, the following image showing the interior of BRAT (Bradley Reactive Armor Tiles) that are mentioned in the brochure, as is evident they use similar layout to Kontact-5 (Heavy type; overlapping, angled flier plates) ERA bricks, and so should have similar protective ratios between KE and CE threats(~1:3), not those of Kontact-1 bricks (~1:13).

M2 Bradley ODS-SA BRAT HERA tiles

14 Likes

Ir appears Gaijin is finally fixing this!

2 Likes

We wait to see if they change ASPRO-HMT on the TES/OES or ROMOR on the Challenger 1/2 and hope they do.

2 Likes

Is it just me or are the flier plates in the X-ray upside down?

1 Like

Dont appear to be.

Holy shit, our tanks may actually become worth the weight…. Here’s just hoping they fix the challengers, not great odds considering it’s British but here’s hoping.

5 Likes

Maybe just a bug?

1 Like

Visual model copied over from egg-box relict I think

meanwhile the leclerc is dying…

2 Likes

I have no idea if you have seen this, but could you pass this to the devs @Smin1080p?

Hello

Please make a report so it can be properly forwarded and logged.

4 Likes

Ok, will be done in a minute

1 Like

Done
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/MW8kHDxpcYte

1 Like

added to the list for you

1 Like

Thank you, but this is not what I meant. This doesn’t actually detail how the CR.2 is incorrect or how it should be. That should be the context and focus of the report.

It does. It talks about ASPRO-HMT and the STANAG protection of it. I explain there that STANAG for Fully engineered targets, that ASPRO block is, are preformed from their strikeface, not from the front of the vechicle it will be mounted on, as developers were testing before.

7 Likes

You will need to explain that the aspro meets stanag by itself in accordance to the tests you show in the report, and then explain because of that the aspro doesn’t meet the requirements when on the Cr2

Ehh, will sit to the report again in a sec then

Doesn’t that report already exist?