[Development] Discussing reports related to the Challenger 2 MBT

I’m fairly certain battlefield 3 and even 4 has it. I played bf3 a decade ago so I don’t remember, but i can say for certain bf4 has it as someone even did a comparison video with the abrams in it vs war thunder.

3 Likes

Did you somehow forget ztz59a, wz305, ptl02, wma301, aft09 and tor?

The formula is reliable for long rod DU/WHA APFSDS, it just happens than L27A1 suffers from the limitations of the rifled L30A1 cannon.

“its reliable” but every available document showing its real life performance shows its utterly nerfed in-game.

If you think its the guns fault for the formula they use in the game being terrible you should get your nurse to increase your oxygen tank flow

7 Likes

It doesn’t though. We have primary sources which say it is underperforming. They just aren’t the “right” primary sources for GJN (the vehicle is in the wrong tech tree to get buffed).

4 Likes

What wins -
pages and pages of documents showing its real life penetration
or
a funny website that looks like a virus link (https://www.longrods.ch/perfcalc.php)

The answer may surprise you!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even be shocked if they used that website. The amount of easy stuff they manage to get wrong, even basic maths is probably a stretch for them to code.

3 Likes

I’ve seen countless forum shills use a screenshot from that website to back up their argument so Im gonna guess this guy is also in that IQ bracket and also uses it since he thinks its the guns fault(???) and not the selective cherry picking of data being used by a certain dev team

4 Likes

people use websites like this, and look at 3d animations of armor penetration on youtube and forget these animations and calculators take a shitton of liberties and overall just completely avoid calculating certain thingsa. theyre cool but theyre not a reliable source in absence of congruent evidence, and most importantly they are not a way to disprobe primary and secondary sources. theyre really cool when theyre done with old declassified vehicles, but theyre borderline useless in any other scenario.

1 Like

these people are legit worrying.

1 Like

Parroting the usual stuff.

People insult the CR2 gun performance when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The main drawbacks of a rifled barrel are increased wear and non-standardised ammunition with the rest of NATO.
In terms of penetration power there is nothing wrong with the gun/dart IRL.

So does GJN, judging by the amount of “we think”, and “we believe” copium they’ve been dishing out over the last month.

Even World of Tanks has had a better steering system than War Thunder for years.
That tells you everything.

11 Likes

i am fairly sure they’ve got a problem with whichever compartment is doing the research for the game, the amount of cherrypicking sources, bad research, bad math, and overall incompetence is really worrying

11 Likes

They’ve had that problem for a decade now
I remember one of the guys, Nabutso coming on our teamspeak and talking about how he’d utterly fabricate things for the Yaks that made them perform like UFOs
He’s the reason the La-15 and La-174s rip in a straight line
His reason? “I like the MiG-15 more”

He got the boot back in like 2015-16 for some reason, but the trend has never changed it seems
I love the game, but Gaijin needs to be more careful with who they hire for certain things

8 Likes

the APFSDS being shit with rifled barrels is the same kind of myth as radar being stopped by the ground, its an incredibly outdated piece of info, and when i say incredibly i mean literally decades old info

11 Likes

maniac of a dude, but its not his fault imo, its the fault of whoever is responsible for overseeing this shit show.

1 Like

The problem is their “research team” probably gets told the decision, and that they need to go find evidence for it. As GJN’s decisions have become more unhinged, the copium “research” blogs have gotten more comical.

2 Likes

he was the lead FM dev for a long time. He who cracks the whip

2 Likes

Gaijin needs to be as willing to smash heads as the mods we like to compare to a certain Soviet 3 letter agency do here
Just clean house if you need to internally

i wouldnt be surprised if this was the issue, but the way youre stating this is as if you know this as a fact you need to change your wording cause whilst it wouldnt be surprising i dont think we have any proof for this

1 Like

Why crack heads when you have idiots on here who willingly send classified data to the devs who totally dont send that data to the same 3 letter alphabet agency. Nah dude its all a conspiracy, Gaijin is based in Hungary, a great ally to the west :)

1 Like