[Development] Discussing reports related to the Challenger 2 MBT

That should be enough to add DU in game.

If T80 can have prototype thermals and 141 can have prototype radar etc…, then i don’t see why Abrams can’t have armour we know for a fact that few were equipped with.

3 Likes

Thing is, we have T80Bs and T80Us with thermals

I mean I do agree, but Gaijinisms.

I wouldn’t be happy about using the Department for whatever authorising more DU hulls to be made/removing restrictions documents, as honestly because they imply on that limit being removed the Americans slapped DU into ever hull going through the production line. That isn’t impossible, but certainly difficult to prove.

DU is already in the game as turret armor.
Drop-in thermals are treated differently to armor and thermals themselves.
Though if there’s evidence of the hull void being filled I’d love it for a hull armor report.

141 and Kikka are irrelevant as SEP2 is a production tank, not a prototype.

No DU it’s not in the turret. Turret armour is based still on Swedish trials on time when US DoD dont want to export any of DU armour arrays. They made up an export variant just for this trials.

But anyway, this is Challenger 2 topic to this discuss M1 Abrams we have :

And

1 Like

Now something that may have been overlooked so far with the remodel, and I have tried to kick start are the ufp add-ons. I think they definitely add abit more consistency to the ufp armour on basically all Challenger variants(to differing levels).

It’s not.

How convenient… The reason for them being treated different is “because we can”.

Also source where gaijin states that?

But T80U isn’t.

Reading further through this thread, really makes me want a source index. from gaijin. of what and where they get their info from.

I’ve said it before, but I have a strong suspicion, that I’m about 90% sure on that said sources are in Cyrillic. Most likely the God Awful Soviet/Russian guestimates of NATO/Western machines. which will be. woefully inaccurate and most likely downplaying heavily what they are capable of. given the Russian mindset of “our stuff isn’t as as good as what we say it is, surely the inferior west can’t make what they claim”

Which unfortunately. We can. And more. A lot of western equipment is Lowballed by a substantial margin.

5 Likes

99% of ru-reports about nato tech and en-reports about ussr tech would be dumped in trash can unless it trials or something like that.

good,use NATO reports on NATO equipment and use USSR/Ru reports for Russian equipment

They gimped the MISTRAL and the Stinger because the Igla is a meh missile and used the Igla performance to say there’s no way the Stinger and Mistral can do that much

2 Likes

If they didn’t respect you, they wouldn’t even bother trying to explain why they are balancing the game the way they do.

It’s a two way street, and if you don’t respect them, they’ll just continue to ignore you. I don’t like the way the game works in some aspects. In general I completely despise the compression across both Ground and Air, and I know that Gaijin will refuse to decompress until absolutely necessary because it allows certain new release vehicles to feast in unbalanced matchups (F-14A historically, T-80BVM, Strv-122/122+, Leo 2A7V).

I also hate how lazy they seem to be in putting in the right amount of detail the first time with modelling and features for vehicles. I hate that they rely on C&P (even if historically correct and necessary) instead of trying to add more unique models. I hate that we’re still stuck with 4 decal slots, and have limited customization options. I could go on, but I won’t.

I may have some bones to pick with Gaijin, but they also produce a game that I general love, warts and all, and I know that insulting the devs, and weaving conspiracy theories on their forums is not a good recipe for being heard, or possibly even being able to continue to play my favorite game.

In life in general, but certainly with gaijin, don’t attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompetence (understaffing/laziness in this case).

Nice, so now they’re subject to Dutch and Portuguese law depending on the specifics. It’s like in the US where many companies organize themselves in Delaware or other corporate friendly states. The company may be based in, and originated from say California or New York, but they are considered Delaware corporations. Your supermarket chain is now absolutely a Portuguese originated Dutch company.

Yes. This is correct. You being from the US and having German ties may influence your bias subconsciously too. No one is immune from bias, some just have less of it than others, and some are more self-aware of it to try to control for it.

Yes and these laws have been applied to telegram bloggers and media personalities. There has not been a single case prosecuted against anyone in the video games industry. Laws recently passed regarding videogames in Russia so far are meant to support the Russian industry so they can start producing bigger and bigger, more popular games.

If you want to discuss censorship, the UK arrested about 5 times as many people for breaking censorship laws compared to Russia in 2022.

The entire argument that Gaijin has to follow certain laws regarding the depiction of Russian military equipment is entirely contrived, and has no present basis in reality.

Both Russian laws mentioned above were passed in 2022 and 2023 respectively, so your timeline really doesn’t match up well at all with the laws that some are saying is so important to “keeping Anton and his family alive”. Which is a disgusting statement.

What are you on about is that something you can back up

Spoiler because it’s a tad off topic.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GTn1He86oJk

it exactly what i thought it was but that’s off topic

EU law

oh yea off topic like this is what we all want

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wedI3f0f7Xs

@Legwolf @Gunjob

Something I’ve not understood, is that in the brochures for Rafael’s armour add-ons, they advertise it as providing STANAG level 5 protection, and also show a photo of a Bradley with the armour equipped on the UFP and LFP. Even if you STANAG testing definition of 30 degrees azimuth from the centreline of the vehicle that still leaves the front of the arrays at less of an angle than 60 degrees, which is what the side panels angle of attack would be for a 30 degrees frontal arc.

For it to achieve STANAG level 5 on the LFP of a bradley, it needs to be capable of withstanding 25mm APDS at 39 degrees.

I’m assuming that Rafael is able to make blocks of different dimensions to cater to the position it is meant to be on the vehicle - thicker where it is required. Given the weight of the ASPRO-HMT supposedly on the TES I guess maybe it’s possible to work out how thick those side arrays are.

Seem pretty thick to me…

5 Likes

knowing gaijin theyll state the era in the front is also angled

we do have this tryker

Spoiler

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oeuMzDuAbXI/VO6m-IbwypI/AAAAAAAAq7o/bIjW-fmBflA/s1600/aspro_h_stryker.jpg

but im not sure that in the front is aspro