[DEV] F-4F KWS LV (ICE) outclassed by a mile at BR 12.7

The F-4F KWS LV (ICE) is (in it curren state) cvompletly outclassed in BR12.7

4 Aim120 and 4 Aim-9L (not M!) and stimm with the flight performance ofd an Phantom ist just a joke.
As soon you spend the Aim120 youre dead in the water(Air).

A litte Quote from your forum Post from May 28th:

“For this one, we’re primarily talking about the A-10A, A-10A Late, Su-25, Su-25K and A-6E TRAM, which populate these Battle Ratings in Air Battles and have all-aspect missiles. The flight performance characteristics of these aircraft after expending air-to-air missiles does not allow them to fight equally with aircraft that have higher speeds and thrust-to-weight ratios, which is why these aircraft can only effectively fight with aircraft that have similar characteristics.”

I wouls say, you can apply this to the F-4F KWS LV (ICE) too. ;)

1 Like

Using GEN2 fighters with inferior equipment and weapons against GEN4 fighters is a big joke.

Especially when the other TT even has 1-3 different Gen4 fighter options, the German treatment is especially superior - ridiculous.

And regardless of air combat or CAS, Germany has always performed poorly, either fighter had been 3~12 months late ,powerless fighters, or with both shortcomings.

and next major update, we will see it all happen again.

if the solution to fill the gap between 29G and EF2k is F4F KWS, and if that’s the answer, I don’t think anyone would agree.

2 Likes

At 12.7 the F-4F ICE is dead on arrival. It never stood a chance.

The really silly part? There are American and Italian Harriers sitting at a lower BR that have BOTH the AMRAAM and the AIM-9M. Yes, BOTH.

And no, the F-4 being supersonic does not merit the BR based on speed alone. The FM performance is still crap compared to it’s competitors. It is STILL just an F-4…

I agree with conclusion of previous posts. F-4F KWS LV should be downgraded to BR 12.3 to have a reasonable chance to shine.

Some people have tried to argue that the new AIM-9 variant justifies the BR. IT DOESN’T. The new AIM-9 is not smokeless like the AIM-9M and is not hard to flare, ESPECIALLY since you can see it coming a mile away. The airframe does not have a good enough radar and is simply not fast enough to give the AMRAAM the performance its competition can. Finally, when you do try and defend, it is a flying brick.

Again, the Harriers sitting at lower BRs with both AMRAAMs and smokeless AIM-9Ms are literally more competitive all while sitting at a lower BR.

12.7 is just ludicrous for the Phantom.

It is exactly as easy to flare as the 9M. Smoke or no smoke is irrelevant when both give a giant red missile diamond anyway

How did the previous F-4F get its BR knocked down? Was a suggestion made for it or did people really just die in a big enough pile for the devs to notice?

We complained about it a lot (justified, thunderskill was showing that the WR was hovering around ~25% WR, and many people’s profiles showed the same results upon being checked out).

However, we did not ask for the BR to be lowered from 11.0 to 10.7; we demanded that F-4F be given AIM-9Ls that it had used in real life. Gaijin ignored that and instead lowered the jet’s BR.

When I take off in my F-4F ICE, the 11.3 Harriers seem to accelerate much faster. Even if the F-4 airframe has higher top speed on its statcard…this one is theoretical. In typical ingame situations the Harrier is far better off. Nimble, fast accelerating, bleeding less engery, 180 CMs (!) etc etc.

Dunno why F-4F is 12.7. No HMD, limited CM count, can’t maneuver / bleeds too much speed…how to notch in time with that thing? No fire extinguisher… it has none of the features the other top jets have. Its a 60ties jet with Amraams. It needs a BR reduction or IRIS-T to compensate.

(Is it possible the AIM9L/i is bugged? It seems to go after every flare…its funny to watch how it always decides to ignore the huge ABing jet in front of its seeker in the very last second before impact, as soon as it picks up a flare.)

@ Basic F-4F Where is its historical AIM-9L loadout? It has no radar missiles as all other Phantoms, which also profit from new MP setting.

Of course a harrier takes off faster. It has a positive TWR and was designed to take off from short runways. But ICE has more weapons and a higher top speed. A harrier can’t run away when it’s out of weapons. The ice can

Does The Harrier has HMD?

An F-15, F-16 is alot faster than your Phantom. You can’t really escape. Also take acceleration into account, speed means nothing when can’t reach it in a realistic time frame. By the time you’re finally supersonic, any Harrier already makes contact in the map center.

Its a 60ties jet, so its needs a more appropriate BR. Or IRIS-T.

1 Like

Bro what? i had some down tiers in my Barak II to 12.0 and i never needed my superior flight performance. i just fired these things of and won. every time. Putting even more planes with these missiles (8x of THE best missiles in the game) on a lower BR is just not right. You guys dont know what youre talking about. Just because the Phantoms flight performance is trash doesnt mean you cant get a lot of kills in it.

Its BR is deserved and it shouldnt get lowered. Everything with these kinda missiles shouldnt be lower than 12.7!

And please stop with this BS. Just because YOU guys want it to be good and to seal club in lower BRs isnt a reason for planes like this to go lower. This isnt BR decompression, this is straight up BS reasoning.

1 Like