-HE: High Explosive
-Explosive filling: 700 Grams
-Explosive type: TNT
-Shell body: Cast iron
-Flying mass: 4.1 kg
-Number of charges: 0+6
-Muzzle velocity: 76–310 m/s
-Minimum/maximum range: 150 m/5,800 Meter
-Maximum gas pressure: ≤ 96 MPa (ESCP, STANAG 4110)
-Service temperature: -46°C to +63°C
-Norwegian definition: Sprenggranat

81mm MORTAR IR-SMK
-IR-SMK: Infared Smoke
-Payload: Red phosphorus
-Flying mass: 4.0 kg
-Muzzle velocity: 75–316 m/s
-Maximum range: 5 400 Meter
-Maximum gas pressure: 96 MPa
-Obscuration time Minimum: 60 s
-Service temperature: -46° to +63°C
-Norwegian definition: Forsforgranat

81mm MORTAR ILLUMINATING ROUND
-Flying mass: 4.0 kg
-Muzzle velocity: 75–316 m/s
-Maximum range: 5 400 Meter
-Maximum gas pressure: 96 MPa
-Luminosity: 1 300 000 Cd
-Illuminating duration Minimum: 50 s
-Service temperature: -46°C to +63°C
-Norwegian definition: Lysgranat

AMMUNITION 12.7x99mm

Spoiler

NM140 12.7x99 MP
-MP: Multi Purpose
-NM140: Norwegian Model 140
-Projectile weight Approx: 43 g
-Muzzle velocity Approx: 903 m/s
-Dispersion requirement: SD ≤ 150 mm (Grade A)/SD ≤ 200 mm (Grade B)
-Penetration requirement: 22 mm RHA @ 0° @ 200m
-Service temperature: -54°C to +71°C
-Safety temperature: -54°C to +71°C

NM160 12.7x99 MP-T
-MP-T: Multi Purpose Tracer
-NM160: Norwegian Model 160
-Projectile weight Approx: 44 g
-Muzzle velocity Approx: 903 m/s
-Dispersion requirement: SD ≤ 200 mm (Grade A)/SD ≤ 300 mm(Grade B)
-Penetration requirement: 22 mm RHA @ 0° @ 200 m
-Tracer Visible: 50-200, ≥ 1 500 m
-Service temperature: -54°C to +71°C
-Safety temperature: -54°C to +71°C

TECHNICAL DATA
-Mass: 27,7 tonnes
-Length: 6.55 m
-Width: 3.1 m
-Height: 2.7 m
-Transmission: Automatic
-Suspension: torsion bar
-Rubber Tracks

EIGNE
1x Scania V8 Diesel
-Power: 810 hp 2300 Nm
-Power/weight: 24.1 hp/tonne

PERFORMANCE
-Operational range: 320 km
-Maximum speed: 70 km/h

CREW
1x Driver
1x Wagon commander
1x RWS gunner operator
1x Mortar gunner operator
8x troopers (optional)

NORWEGIAN MODIFICATIONS
-The diesel engine is also upgraded so that the power/weight ratio is still 17 kW/h
-Norway was also the first nation to use rubber belts in this weight class
-At the top is the Kongsberg Protector RWS RS4 developed by Kongberd defence & aerospace which is equipped with an12.7x99mm M2 Browning machine gun

HISTORY
In the 1980s, Hägglund and Bofors developed a new armored personnel carrier for the Swedish defense as a replacement for a number of other types then in use.

This vehicle was designated CV9040 and is currently in active use in the Swedish Armed Forces (2005). when the Norwegian Armed Forces were to acquire new armored personnel carriers in the late 1980s, the CV9040 was one of the competitors.

After a number of modifications to meet the Norwegian requirements, the CV9030 emerged, and this vehicle was chosen by the Norwegian armed forces

This wagon was chosen as the new assault wagon for the cavalry in 1993. the wagon was to partially replace NM 135 wagons in the cavalry’s assault formations, but mostly they were added to the existing ones for a long time. The first wagon came to Norway in 1993 and in 1996-97 we received 3 more, the remaining 100 wagons were delivered in 1998

Norway was the very first export customer of the Mk,1 variant, followed 4 years later by Finland and switserland who purchased the Mk. 2.

Norway is the first nation to use rubber tracks on the Mk. III. rubber tracks gives better mobility, less vibrations and noise, making the environment better for the crew and increases acceleration as well as reduce the fuel usage.

144 wagons were ordered in June 2012 and they were delivered from September 2015.

These wagons are referred to as CV90 Mkiiib. These have the third generation of electronic architecture, which then allows sharing of sensor data. This also provides support for integrated drones. The unmanned weapon station Protector RWS on top is the most visible change on the new and old upgraded Stormpanservogner

In addition to the CV9030N Mk.3 and many others, there were ordered approx. 16 wagons of the CV90 multipurpose wagon, which then received an integrated mortar system and a Kongsberg protector RWS 12.7mm in addition. The first came in 2017 and the rest have been delivered in the coming years, and all should have been delivered up to now. These serve under the Telemark battalion and the Armored battalion.

IN GAME
So far there are no mortar carriers in game, but hopefully one day we would get them. It will probably be difficult to achieve something with the aim and that, but it is quite possible I think, especially easy it would be on such modern mortars as this one on the cv90 wagon. In the game it could be a cheap wagon to spawn in, with 50 rounds per minute and an ammunition capacity of 50x 81 millimeter grenades, it should be a fun wagon to use.

An 81mm grenade like this won’t be able to do much damage, but might knock out some spaa or lightly armored ivf’s. It has acess to smoke grenades, wich would be very handy, as you can communicate with your teammates or your squadron, about where they want smoke and much else. It can also be fun in night battles, as we have access to light grenades, which last about 50 seconds, and probably light up quite a bit, to help the team.

One could for example take good cover behind rocks or other terrain, and shoot from there, would be hard for the enemy to find and kill but I think there is good judgment from the use of the 81mm grenades

VIDEOS

Spoiler

Close up video (might require subscription ot the magazine)
Digitale kampvogner snakker sammen og stiller inn siktet automatisk | Tu.no

SOURCES

Spoiler

Her er Norges nye panservogn | Tu.no
https://www.nammo.com/
Aanmelden bij Facebook | Facebook
Tankograd Publishing
CV9030N – Wikipedia
The book given out by the Norwegian Defence Museum
“Motoriserte militærkjøretøy I norge 1905-2005”
Her er Norges nye panservogn - Tu.no
https://www.nammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/nammo_ammo_handbook_aw_screen_updated.pdf

POLL

Would you like to see this in-game?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

This post was made by
Til_Dovre_Faller
Also known as
Warthunder_Norway

2 Likes

Adding mortar vehicles to the game could be interesting but how Gaijin would implement them in a functioning way is rather questionable

Arty so far tends to have direct-fire capabilities that allows engagements in both short and long range but mortars mostly being able to only aim up would be an issue
Would it function as in WoT, maybe similiar to the arty mod where you just select a position on the map or a completely new system?

or maybe you just rangefind a location and click M1 :D

2 Likes

many possibilities! We already have a vessel with a 81mm mortar in-game i see, one of the american coastal vessels

It is simlar in some ways, so could be inspired by that

2 Likes

As soon as I find out a few things I’ll make a small update on this, it’s about testing drones on this and I think it could be good news, among other things monitoring where the shots hit from multiple angles

Certainly a contender for mid-tier SPAA.

Like the AMX-10 the french get, except you have a .50 cal instead.

Idk the minimum range for the mortar config, but safety specs in UD 2-1 lists it as 500m for NM 123 HE grenade.

NM 150 light grenade being 600m
WP G40 smoke being 300m

Then again its safety regulation. Actuall minimum range may be way shorter.

1 Like

I would rather see a vehicle like this in Enlisted since the 81mm mortar would be mainly effective against infantry and would be hard to use against vehicles, especially armored ones. Otherwise this would struggle even against Rank I vehicles in WT.

1 Like

I wrote down the specs of the ammunition, the range are a couple kilometer :) the minimum range for the HE round should be 150 meter

I’ll have to look it up as i dont remember right now but the protector rs4 rws should both have nvd and tracking, so it would definetly be useable as spaa, short range

Btw, where did you find specs on the NM grenades?

It would absolutely be hard to use aginst vehicles, but it could be a fun challenge

For Spaas and open tops should, mabye lighter vehicles such as the pt boats, bmps, cv90’s the 81mm grenade should be able to do some damage i believe

One of the armerican coastal vessel has a 81mm mortar mounted on it, much different byt can be compared bot in reload time, accuracy, aiming etc, damage

UD 2-1 Armed Forced Safety Rules and Regulations

Max target range:
NM 123 - 5800M
WP G40 - 5200M
NM 150 - 5500M

1 Like

Aaa i see👌

all right, here is the update I was talking about earlier

A couple of years ago, tests were carried out on various vehicles of the Norwegian-developed Black Hornet drone, among these vessels this mortar carrier was tested. The Black Hornet was integrated on/into the carriage with a “hangar” with 4 launch ramps for these drones as seen in the picture below

This is what the screen could look like in-game

1x4 Black Hornet

-Weight: 33 grams
-Max flight time: 25 Minutes
-Max FPV removal distance: 2 Kilometers
-Max horizontal flight speed: 21 Km/h
-Data transmission: Digitally encrypted connection, powerful dynamic frequency hopping for reliable performance beyond line of sight
-Data transmission: Digitally encrypted connection, powerful dynamic frequency hopping for reliable performance beyond line of sight
-Wind resistance: 7.7 – 10 m/s
-Thermal camera
-Ability to land and take off automatically

I can’t tell at the moment if it is still in use, I have to do some research. But this could be very helpful for this vehicle, if it were to be added as one could for example park the vehicle behind a rock or something, launch a drone and fly it as close as possible (2km max range) then start firing at the target and adjust it in case you see trough the trone that you for example hit a little too far to the right.