Cockerill Weapon systems - Which ones, what weapons and what ammunitions

I found more accurate data. Saudi Arabian.

State-owned Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) unveiled a new version of the Jais 4x4 mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle that it is producing under licence from United Arab Emirates-based NIMR.

The new version of Jais, as seen by Shephard on 7 March at the World Defense Show in Riyadh, is equipped with a SAMI-CMI Roaya remote weapon station (RWS), which a company representative said is a version of the John Cockerill CPWS turret.

1 Like

I found a much better photo of the Chilean variant here, so you can replace the current low-quality one whenever you get the chance :D

1 Like

Three more External Weapon System (EWS) – C-Series (C25 & C30) vehicles

SABCA/IOP M113A1-B C25

image

MOWAG Tornado C25

MOWAG Piranha 8x8 C25

image

Any additional, higher resolution, pictures for these vehicles would be appreciated!

The C25 turret was also fitted to the Vickers Valkyr (apologies if this has already been mentioned but I didn’t see it anywhere in the post)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to add it, I remember that video.

Found these old images while trying to find some stuff

another 105 rosomak variant

1 Like

That looks like a showmodel of this one (which is in the CT-CV section under the Large calibre ones):

==>

I know but this one has different optics and comes with sleeping matresses on the side

1 Like

Does this turret look familiar to you? It’s a variant of the Chilean Piraña with the Cockerill Mk III gun, but I can’t identify the turret.

image
image

No, I’ve not seen a Cardoen two-man turret before with Cockerill 90 mm Mk.III.

I found a video of this variant; the turret reminds me of the French AML-90’s, but it’s different. It’s not the Brazilian turret either, it might be a Chilean one.

1 Like

Schermafbeelding 2026-09-07 022420

As a side note, the source also allegedly depicts a PT-76 fitted with a Cockerill Mk. III gun.

Source:

CMI (Cockerill) brochure

Schermafbeelding 2026-09-07 021804

CMI Defence. (2000). Cockerill Mk3/CSE 90 mm weapon system [Brochure]. Internet Archive. https://web.archive.org/web/20070331063456/http://cmigroupe-web.com.acelis.net/files/files/defence/cse90.pdf

CMI Defence included the PT-76 among the vehicles covered by its Weapon Systems Modernisation Programmes . The programme presented a range of potential upgrades intended to improve the performance of existing weapon systems.

For the PT-76 specifically, the brochure lists general turret reconditioning , replacement sights , direct day and optional thermal sights , I² night vision , a laser rangefinder , and, most notably, the replacement of the existing gun with a Cockerill Mk3 gun .

The table also indicates that CMI offered this gun replacement for the PT-76 alongside a similar upgrade for the Alvis Scorpion. The brochure does not, however, provide further details on the exact PT-76 configuration, ammunition, or whether a Cockerill Mk3-equipped PT-76 was actually produced.

image

Source: CMI Defence. (n.d.). Cockerill Mk3/CSE 90 mm weapon system / Cockerill Mk8/LCTS 90 mm weapon system [Brochure]. Internet Archive. https://web.archive.org/web/20070331184023/http://cmigroupe-web.com.acelis.net/files/files/defence/lcts90.pdf

image

2 Likes

Indonesian? This is a proposal for the Portuguese Army, I believe in 2007.

Correct, but this vehicle was later also used for the Indonesian army trials, where it succeeded and was subsequently made into the

This exact prototype from 2007, with the CT-CV turret, saw trials in Indonesia? Did Cockerill just have it in storage the whole time or something? And there are no photos of these trials?

that vehicle’s gun barrel is just a mockup

We dont have a lot of info about it but I’ve also surmised from observation about it here:

No, I mean that Indonesia (Pindad) ultimately worked further on that vehicle. The hull was returned to Belgium and later used in the Pandur II 3030 trials with the laser guided rockets, while the turret was used on patria chassis in Finland and Poland.

Yes, there are vehicles in this list that have a mockup gun/turret, like some of the Turkish vehicles too. They could be counted as partial prototypes or (ongoing) projects.

With CT-CV turret though? It seems misleading to label it as an Indonesian Army vehicle even if Pindad did “work on it” at some point because that ignores the originally intended recipient many years prior.

I can remove that label and I’ll just add a small info block under it, but I’ve mostly left context like that out because of the character limit on a single thread/post.

Historical note: This Pandur II FSV fitted with the CT-CV 105HP turret was originally developed as a 2007 proposal for the Portuguese Army, rather than as an Indonesian Army vehicle. The vehicle was later associated with Pindad/Indonesia , which continued work on the design to the Pandur II FSV (Cockerill 3105). The original hull was subsequently returned to Belgium and was later used in trials of the Pandur II 3030, while the CT-CV turret was separately used on other chassis for trials in Finland and Poland.

1 Like

Just was confused on why you were calling it Indonesian when there are no photos of it in Indonesian service, testing or otherwise.