CM Covert Disclosures No.2: Keeping You Updated!

Thank you for the interest of our bug reports. It makes the game much more playable and enjoyable with those bugs fixes. If you have the time, please do make sure to check the reports on the reporting section. Over the years I’ve found that for every 20 or so moderators that checks a report and only one person ends up actually responding to it. I’ve got 5 bug reports, three of them are more than 4 months old, and only one of them got a response.

I understand that you have also volunteer workers to make your load a little bit manageable. And I understand that solving or identifying a bug can take too much time, in fact can even take more than a year, I get this, it’s not an easy process. But I don’t think responding to a bug report should take that much of a time.

Don’t take this as insulting, I am trying to be constructive here. I really do love this game, and want it to advance to a point where it satisfies everyone. I’ve been playing this game for 9 years, and we have come a long way together. And keep up the work, I am supporting all of you.

Best regards.

1 Like

It does bring up an interesting point though about event vehicles, we talk about this a lot internally. On one hand having entirely unique event vehicles is great, but if we do that frequently we’re locking those vehicles out of being placed in the tech tree, but on the other hand having already existing vehicles in the tech trees as event vehicles may to some be less appealing if someone already owns them.

You know that this could be easily avoided or fixed if you actually wanted.

Why not make it like this
a) if you get the vehicle during the event you get it spaded and cupons to use it in battle (maybe even an extra skin?). If you buy a cupon this is reflected as well
b) if you missed the event for some reason (or simply just started playing at a later stage, you still can grind the vehicle (similar to the Maus)

You could also easily add a timed exclusivity that vehicles get added to the tree only after a half a year or so. This would allow you to put interesting and unique vehicles in the events without causing the issue of “lock something unique out of the tree”

1 Like

Or a random selection of old event vehicles immediately activated to the account that each new event vehicle is tradeable for as a choice alternative to making it a tradeable coupon.
This way old event vehicles would come back every now and then, and the way to get them is just another event.

2 Likes

I’m more of a proponent of introducing event vehicles that are unique but are not meta or game-breaking. Interesting vehicles, but not insane ones. That being said, I do fully believe that we need a system for allowing people to get old event vehicles other than the market.

15 Likes

With the mention of future event vehicles having “analogs” within the TT, and with the current existence of event aircraft such as the Mirage 2000C-S4, I am curious how long it’ll be before we start getting things such as event Mig-29s and F-16s…

(I for one would be all for getting something like an event F-16C Block 30 “small mouth/early” lol)

I’d be up for having a “catalouge” of event vehicles and you simply earn tokens in an event and with each event the new vehicle is added (again i’d be fine with a time exclusivity) and other benefits for those who finished the event to get the new vehicle.

2 Likes

I totally agree that event vehicles should not be meta etc.
And im more than fine with stretching the word unique as well. The uniqueness of the vehicle does not need to have an impact in the gameplay.

1 Like

no ARB EC?

9 Likes

Adding the option of air battles with Fox 3 missiles. If you activate the option to enter and play using FOX 3 missiles. If you close the option, enter and play only with thermal and radar missiles.

Your comment is more AI than this artwork.

That artwork was created more than 10 years ago. Our programmers are great and artists are superb, but I really doubt they had access to AI image generators back then.

2 Likes

I have made a suggestion for exactly this last friday, its just waiting to be looked at and approved by the suggestion mods then it will be on the forums for people to vote on and interact with.

1 Like

Anything that should be sold on the market shall get extra consideration as it is potentially real life money invested, and gaijin may be under pressure or even lawsuits if they do so. These vehicles either has to be untradable at all such as sturmtiger or be obtained through crates if they insist so.

The 7 naval players are gonna love it gaijin! Wow!

I hope though that you understand why someone might be fast to jump to that conclusion given previous ahem incidents

2 Likes

Honestly, every day I feel more discouraged to take the time to make bug reports.

We keep being told to make them; but when we make them, it can pass months, years or even indefinite amounts of time before these are fixed or even addressed in any way;

Be it serious but complex matters (like Leclerc’s wrong UFP armor and missing spall liners or Merkava Mk.4’s armor), serious but simple and clear issues (like Challenger 3 (TD) having a copy-paste damage model of the old CR2 turret instead of its own, Challenger 2’s LFP missing spall liners or the the Abrams fuel tank bulkheads missing plates and thickness and its poorly modelled turret ring) or even the most simple and superficial ones (like Machbet and M4A5 having the wrong engine sounds, or Challenger 3 (TD) missing 17 hp unlike every other Challenger with the same engine just because the devs didn’t convert units properly, or SMS Baden’s gun mantlet being displaced floating inside the turret.)

Regarding this, is there any word regarding Ground Battles? The mode is extremely compressed, particularly at the top BRs. I made a post asking about it, but it was locked. Current 11.0s should in no way face most of the current 11.7s; and many current 11.7s should be way higher than others. Likewise, many 9.3s shouldn’t be facing 10.3s which are significantly superior in every way due to the enormous technological jump/gap between them, etc.

I can’t think of any reason why Ground isn’t decompressed up to 13.7, like air.

Other than that- nice post, clear communication is always welcome! Very interersrting stats regarding the nukes, too.

5 Likes

fb26d8b802ea5649063ddd333f4201f4

No mention on top tier balance, lost my time reading this “disclosure”

1 Like

keep that goin

1 Like

Finally!!!
Encouraging and enabling players to play more than one nation will be the biggest change towards fixing the extremely toxic community and their inability to understand balancing especially at higher tiers.

Where damage buff for <170mm atgm? Helicopters have only got debuffs for the last couple years, including indirect ones like the new advanced aviation. At least give some damage to their missiles so I don’t feel like an idiot aiming with atgm for lfp from 6km to kill a damn tank.