Chinese Low-Tier Wishlist

To start off, I like the Chinese tech tree quite a bit as it is (I main USA and Russia mainly), but in looking up the historical basis, I’ve found some issues.

Firstly, I cannot find any sources that back up the presence of M8 Greyhound armored cars in China. As fun as the vehicle is (especially with the .50-cal), I think its role in the Chinese tree would be better filled by the BT-5, a vehicle which was reportedly sold to China early in WW2 by multiple sources (though no pictures exist). Chinese mechanized forces apparently used significant numbers of BA-6 and BA-20 armored cars as well, which could replace the Greyhound as a wheeled scout vehicle. This would be a unique element for the Chinese tree, which otherwise lacks a lot of originality at low tiers.

Secondly, I can find no record of any T-34 model being used by Chinese forces except the T-34-85. Similarly, no Sherman variants other than the M4A4 were supplied to Chinese forces, though there are photographs of M4A2s–with non-standard main guns–in Chinese service.

Thirdly, some additional vehicles that were heavily utilized by Chinese forces (and are already in the game) include:

Finally, the T-26 in Chinese service often sported an AA machine gun; this would be a nice feature to have on the Chinese version of this tank in game. See:

Anyway, open to thoughts & suggestions!

3 Likes

Both Wikipedia and the WT wiki say that multiple M8 Greyhounds have been used.

https://wiki.warthunder.com/M8_LAC_(China)

According to the Tank Encyclopedia, China didn’t use the T-34. Only the T-34-85.
“Almost certainly a fake made up by Kongzhong (a company involved with Wargaming) for the video game “World of Tanks”. North Korea is the only operator of T-34/76 in this region”

Same about the M4A2, it probably didn’t use the standard gun.

1 Like

yes, but China has a specially modified T3476. At first, it may have been gifted by North Korea

Spoiler

124098cff0b19eb5.jpg_480x360x95_5b65e57e

there is one more question. Some people say:
when WOT just launched the China TT, Kong Zhong led the WG team to visit museums and provided a lot of historical materials.
WG deliberately fabricated some fictional vehicles because they felt it was more unique (bad idea).
even WZ131/WZ132 with historical images have many errors

I am correct to say the Chinese TT came in Chinese server first right?