China Norinco VT series MBTs, History, Performance & Discussion

most people speculate that Type 15 mainly defends against 30mm guns

1 Like

That’s most likely the case.

1 Like

Still that composite armor is really thin to provide any considerable protection.
I would rather use ERA in it.

1 Like

So then for the VT-5 we would be looking at around 300mm KE protection and maybe over 100 for the Type 15

1 Like

type15=light tank, VT5=lightweight MBT.😂

VT5 in bangladesh can provide better protection by installing additional armor, but its weight will increase by approximately 4t.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s why they are never going to use that add on armor.We needed a light weight tank that could engage targets in the hill tracts. Probably that’s why they didn’t apply any modular armor.

i think they have the composite because the overall effectiveness of armour increases when in tandem with composite and ERA. in wartime conditions, we can expect ERA to be mounted onto the front

1 Like

nah we call ZTQ15 lightweight MBT, too

1 Like

Personally I hope we get too see both the type 15 and VT-5 both come too the game, as there are definitely enough differences for them too be classes as different tanks, even if there is overlap in capabilities

1 Like

Anyone have any details about BA/WA321C 125mm gun?

1 Like

3 Likes

VT4B is coming!

Is it just the VT4A1? I think there is no variant named VT4B

EMMM, I am also searching for information now, but I have not found the so-called VT4B

this?

2 Likes

Interesting. But from the description, I cannot see any difference from VT4A1

1 Like

Image_1701962829932

vt4b does exist, it is not the same as vt4a1

1 Like

Based on the information I have found so far, it is highly likely that VT4B will appear at next year’s Zhuhai Air Show, while VT4A1 will be modified using some new components from VT4B

I hope gaijin can create explosive reaction armor on the side of the VT4 series and put it into the game

1 Like

Ok, that means VT4B is still under development, and what we get in this update is more like a VT4A1

yes