China Norinco VT series MBTs, History, Performance & Discussion

The Abrams does not have an “integrated” spall liner, as that would defeat the purpose of a spall liner. No such thing exists. It’s just a massive misconception created by a very large, outspoken, and delusional group of people infatuated with the Abrams.

3 Likes

Recently, while collecting photos of Chinese vehicles, I discovered more errors that can greatly affect the survival and competitiveness of vehicles in the game. The 99A even made at least three serious errors. I will post a theme later.
this may take a few days

2 Likes

good work, but its very hard to affect change unless the ceo of norinco and xi ping himself signs your documents. Even with photos i dont think gaijin will take it unless backed by extremely thorough documentation. Good lucky though

1 Like

It’s about modeling problems. Photos is enough, but change models will take a long time.

Best way to prove modelling errors is by creating a model yourself and showing the errors. This worked with my bug report on the ZLT’s turn radius showing the model is incorrect. Pictures can work, but I get the feeling they may try and reject it still… I am trying to keep updated on this issue but I may miss something, if they reject the report on the 99A’s lower plate being too large, lemme know and I can try to sit down and do a rough model in Blender to prove it.

1 Like

Hey buddy, I posted that topic, I hope it’s useful
Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game - Game Discussion / General Discussion - War Thunder — official forum

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more seriously.

1 Like

may be VT-4B

side ERA

4 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen extra side armor (and what appears to be slat near the engine) on a VT-4.
Thank you very much for posting it.

Is that the GL-5 APS on it, as well?

1 Like

It’s honestly hard to say, but I wanna say no, as we don’t see the computer/cooling fans mounted in the back like we do with the airshow one.
006Rm4MAgy1ho5mww6lldj30i60fw750
Hopefully this will be shown off at a show soon so we can see for ourselves

1 Like

It’s better to add it as a modification I guess.
It was rejected because it was “paper”, only in brochure, but now things changed.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20240403-201727_YouTube

Interior of T-69 IIG.(I know this isnt related to this topic)

1 Like

It’s basc model, without any additional armor, upgrade or additional equipment

It has base hull with the composite armor turret. I shared this picture because it may come in handy in the future.

MG_1712468940213
VT-5 commander sight or maybe gunner sight

1 Like

Brother, do you have more internal images of VT4/MBT2000? I want to see if this drawing is true
QQ图片20240324133746

1 Like

VT-4:

Spoiler

MBT-2000:

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1712498183149

2 Likes

thx

MBT2000 using FY4

5 Likes