China Norinco VT series MBTs, History, Performance & Discussion

because snails are lazy, these problems usually take a long time to fix

but its like, so visually obvious they are seperate plates

They wont fix it. They said they grouped ERAs to make them easier to model.

It would be a whole new tank if norinco put fy4 on the lower front plate lol

Found many interesting videos of VT-4 tank from Thai tank crew Tiktok
VT-4 day sight

Gunner seat

Driver seat

Commander seat

2 Likes

You gave them the idea for VT-6

we may call it VT4B😆

Don’t forget the side skirt ERAs!

Anyone know what this round red colored object is? It’s present on almost every chinese mbt.

MBT-2000 radio set

These are displays for vehicle numbers. I think they are used during night marches sometimes, but it is very hard to find photos or videos of them in use.

They originate from Soviet vehicles, many of which also have them. The ZTZ99 also has a 7-segment version.

1 Like

Seriously though, the direct lower front plate has around 450ish mm of armor. put a wedge of fy4 there are you’re looking at around 630mm. even lower parts could probably catch pre top tier rounds like 3bm42.

2 Likes

Does anyone know for a fact if the ZBD-04 uses a upgraded engine over the base ZBD-04? I’d like to make a bug report if so, and would need evidence

So it works like Abrams’s Combat Identification Panel?

Someone submitted some interview content, but gaijin does not admit it

There has been several issues for 600hp engine on ZBD04A, but so far all were rejected.
One example:
ZBD-04A should have 600hp engine // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

Looks like ZBD04A missile reload time will be fixed
ZBD04A’s wrong missle reloading time // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

That’s one I was very confident on, but I’m happy to see other people got to it before me. It should be very scary with a 4 sec Autoloader, and tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if it moved up in BR to 9.7 or even 10.0 considering it has APFSDS.

Also happy to see the ZBD-03 in Olivia’s leak list. Means Chinas future for light tanks is well underway, and we will finally see more diversity for IFV’s

2 Likes

More likely to be a 5sec autoloader for ATGM but not the 4sec :(

Should be the exact same Autoloader mechanism as on the BMD-4, as that’s what the report suggested that was acknowledged by gajjin.