China needs a new rank 7 SPAA - Enter the Type 625E

China has a massive gap in SPAA from their PGZ04A at 9.3 BR to the TOR-M1 at 11.7 BR. I am hoping that there will be a new SPAA in the Chinese tech tree at some point to bridge this gap.

As soon as the Strela was moved up to 10.0 and there was a 2.0 BR gap between AA in Russia, they added a new one at 9.3 and China has a 2.3 BR gap currently.

I was wondering what some possibilities of SPAA for China could be? I was thinking the Type 625E that China has could be a good addition. I think a good BR to place it at would be 10.7 with the tanks China has at that BR to make a lineup.

I know this has been discussed in the past but when I play 10.7 China I am at a huge disadvantage against aircraft when I only have a 9.3 BR SPAA to fight against them so something needs to be added to round out the tech tree.

3 Likes

The Type 625 would be busted at 10.7, effectively a Tunguska with slightly better missiles, a far better gun (with darts,) and a far more mobile chassis. 11.0 minimum. The Yitian ADS would be a far better gap filler, though i would love to see both.

1 Like

Adding it will fill the empty of Chinese spaa indeed, although I still doubt its performance in the game under Gaijin’s bias.

1 Like

625E will be a top SPAA, you should turn to LD-35 or YITIAN.
How would a SPAA with 8*10km range IR missiles and a 30mm gun be 10.7?

3 Likes

They may not give it everything it has irl like so many other vehicles in the game. The Tunguska has 8 10km missiles and 4 x 30mm cannons at 10.7 which is pretty close to what the 625E could be in game.

10 km IR missile is different, imaging a type 81c with rader and 30mm gun, and apfsds, that’s TYPE 625E.

2 Likes

Gotcha, that makes sense. Certainly if it came into the game with all of that it would be way too good. The YITIAN is interesting. TY-90 missiles would be nice to get as a SPAA.