Chaparral is useless

When you first look at the Chaparral it seems like it would be a great SPAA with potent missiles and a useable platform…
However it is completely unusable. The missiles being constantly elevated just make it unable to hit anything coming towards you from under 3km and if you see a heli, good luck because by the time you’re able to lock him he’s too close for your missiles to even hit him…

I really don’t understand why gaijin chose to make its missiles constantly elevated

1 Like

Strela: “First time?”

1 Like

The Chaparral is completely useless cuz it has caged seeker, bad tracking and lock range. The Strela has tighter seeker and is better than the Chaparral in everyway. Also, the Isarael counterpart of the Chaparral has better missile, better seeker and sits at higher BR.

4 Likes

Israel’s chaparral is very buggy, it doesn’t stop and the missile is also very crazy, it goes where it wants, it has a life of its own

Me and someone else tested it to see if a situation that occurred in-game was able to be recreated.

Said situation was that I was unable to lock a full afterburning plane in the rear aspect at about 1km because the map weather was thunderclouds which covered the whole upper map so there was always clouds about 3km behind the guy.

We tested it in customs and I could not lock a fully afterburning gripen in rear aspect at around 1km-700m because there happened to be a cloud several km behind him.

Naturally this makes a lot of sense.

I honestly forgot I even made this post

1 Like