Challenger 3 MBT - Technical Data and Discussion

I bet Gaijin is already getting annoyed with how much they are being pestered with the 17hp, they might spite nerf the TES more.

Nerf’d within a month… Let’s see if the same rules apply for a buff lol I’m betting we’ll be waiting a year like many other reports that’ll improve vehicles

I’d much rather the Challenger 2 actually get a meaningful buff instead of 17 extra horsepower

Why “rather”?

The Challengers underperform so much because they are surrounded by “small nerfs”.
Each “small nerf” counts, and each correction would too.

We need to aim to have everything corrected!

Alas that’s the old Challenger 2 turret being taken off, not the new Challenger 3 turret to be put on

Man… imagine a hybrid challenger 3 x 2e mad

I’m not sure why us Brits seem so set on the CV12

It would make much more sense for the Challenger 3 to have the Europowerpack (Chally 2E engine)

• Improved NATO interoperability
  • More horsepower
  • Simple maintenance
  • Good reliability

On top of that, MTU (who make the Europowerpack) are literally owned by Rolls Royce, so I’m sure the engines could be produced in the UK if needed

Our government really needs to think of the long term rather than cost cutting

7 Likes

EH, It’s mostly with replacing all the stuff being sent to Ukraine and the Boxer procurement, there isn’t much cash or time (a big requirement of the CR2 LEP and CR3 procurement was production speed, the MoD wants these done “quick”) going around to replace the all the maintenance equipment. And if you’re replacing the CV12 in the tanks, logistically you should probably replace it in the ARVs and bridge layers too. From both a cost and time standpoint currently it makes more sense to improve the CV12 and leave it there. I wouldn’t be surprised if in 10-20 years when things are less dire they’d look at another round of automotive improvements to the fleet, or hell, a new hull as a CR3 MLU

When it comes to CV-12 i heard a certain hearsay from a reliable source, but im not going to share it yet.

3 Likes

Yeah I guess that makes sense

If we were to know this “hearsay”, do you think we would we be happy or sad?

The forbidden 1200hp hearsay?

Something along the lines on how similar it is to the BT-7M.

I’m lost

Good

I’m not sure why us Brits seem so set on the CV12

Only reason I can think of is that it’s because it’s got the best sound ever produced by an engine xD

Gladfully now authentically depicted in War Thunder!

And 99% of the reason why I still play Top Tier U.K lmao

3 Likes

I wish the Cheiftains has their real life high rev grunt! like in wistlin diesels videos lol

You would be mad at the Megatron.

How could we be mad at the Megatron, its simply a premium tank in its own corner. It has only disappointed us for not being a tech tree tank. Its at least good to know that Gajin is ready to give us some premiums. Its not a great thing but not terrible.

Come on buster, spill the beans. :)