Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

This is reported to be from Challenger 2. I don’t know the source.

5 Likes

Where did you find this picture?

Ye

It’s got the same amount of armour by the looks of things

1 Like

https://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/1611-britons-are-in-trouble/?do=findComment&comment=192051

Object-477 posted about it too on Weibo: https://m.weibo.cn/status/5023192794794911

4 Likes

Holy ***k that’s the best interpretation ive seen so far

someone madel a model there that makes a lot of sense

Spoiler

10 Likes

Challenger 2 turret in production

Spoiler

2 Likes

Is that the bubblegum gaijin think the turret is made of? 🤣

11 Likes

Don’t give Gaijin any ideas, they might nerf the Challenger because of these photos.

The diagrams from Object-477’s Post

Spoiler

2 Likes

Looks a bit undersized based on the top measurement.
Edit: my bad, misread the value as 530. I guess that means the model is pretty accurate dimension wise, (maybe very slightly undersized still).

The person who posted the image above claimed the L94 sits with a 150mm offset from mantlet rear (unsure without a decent picture of turret interior), and protrudes 100mm from mantlet front (which can be seen). This would give a LOS thickness of ~700mm which matches this photo here which claims to be measured from mantlet rear through the L94 hole:

3 Likes

Some Rough Copium math. Probably wrong

12 Likes

Only math i see is here is the likelihood of gaijin implementing this mantlet model = 0%

8 Likes

you right.

They don’t have to implement anything. All of the armour plates are there, but somehow the mantlet is still ~250mm.

7 Likes

Bit like 250mm of nera = 30mm of ke protection lol

2 Likes

NERA, yea seems resonable
Composite with NERA elements, for sure not.

2 Likes

Do you think this means we can now get our kettle?

7 Likes

We can bug report it till we do

2 Likes

I was planning on a really really detailed bug report for it for the 1st of April and then got slammed. So never did it in the end

3 Likes