Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Nah, the pics i got from my discord are fine, and reposts of pics you posted by me (ctr c ctrl v) are also fine.

to be fair if its as bad as its reputed to be i would want it to go to germany too… then again it’d probably get a nice BR because Germany

It’s a vickers mk 1 but with the cannon of the mk 3 with no lrf…. Who would want that over the normal mk 1 or mk 3 lol?

I figured it out some sort of form issue but I’ll try and fix the links on as many as I can !!

Edit - nevermind all links are broken

Random question, but how does gaijin decide if a plate is high hardness steel or rolled steel?

You ever played DnD? A but like that.

Cough cough t90m and nakidka

u sure you’re not mixing that up with the Vijay or whatever it is

According to the advertising booklet.

One can hope that the newest challenger 3 will also get high-strength steel, because I read something like this in its advertisement.

Anyone know anything about the “Opto-Electronic Limited M36 E3 periscope sight” is. As it says it has an integral imaging intensification device and I’m not sure if that’s thermal or simple night vision?

Where is it used?

It’s on the fox 25 (a fox armed with a bushmaster) trying to see if I can make a suggestion for it but I’m having trouble finding sources for it. I’ve got pictures and maybe second hand sources of what it has but I’m not sure that will be enough.

I have a thing for E1, it is NVD. No info on E3

Do you know anyone with these books?

• Jane’s armour and artillery 1993-94
  • Taschebuch see panzer edition 7 (1990)
  • Terry gander, the modern British army (1988)
  • Terry gander, britains modern army (1995)

I’m planning on using the bovington archives but I want to see what information I can gather just by asking around first. Apparently Kew archives has some information on the fox as well…

Sadly no

I’m not sure how the suggestions work. But what I’ve found is basically the fox can mount a BAE systems sharp shooter turret with the 25mm bushmaster installed. So would it be good enough to simply show a picture, show sources stating it exited and maybe a source about the sharp shooter turret specifically. As of rn I can’t find anything more than that.

So i thought Jane’s wasnt a source they used anymore due to it be untrustworthy? (i dont care about this change as its like 1kmh or something difference)

I don’t know much about hulls, but it looks like a fox with a different turret

From this video https://youtu.be/Ull0ng9zhHI?si=4hTRKj2ayLLIsc-U

My god how did you get the picture. Been looking all night. And yea it’s a BAE’s sharpshooter turret which is advertised as a light weight multi role turret. It’s stabilised and holds a 25mm bushmaster with a 200 rpm fire rate, a coax and weighs 1.62 tons without ammo so we would know the weight of it if added.

And yea that video is where I first saw it but I haven’t been able to find where he got the pictures from.

3 Likes

I was collecting data for my table and accidentally came across this strange vehicle. I couldn’t identify it and thought it was either Fox or ferret and I refrained from adding it to the table.