Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

I almost forgot that common sense does not apply to gaijin. I could show a picture of the internal array of the TES side skirts and they would say we can’t use it due to the chance it was photo shopped.

Uh oh haha
Welcome back Gunjob. Hope I didn’t give you too bad a headache my friend.

Taking the evening off from Forum Thunder haha so I’ll take a look tomorrow if its still not forwarded. I will say it was a spirited debate. I hope I didn’t come across poorly. These kind of things are best hashed out before a report is forwarded so I don’t have to go through the same back and forth with the dev.

I’m all in favour of British Bias haha but I don’t want fantasy stuff either.

14 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that TES backplate is the same as 2G

You’ve done far too much for the challenger discussion for anyone to get mad at you tbh. We all get heated sometimes, no reason to get mad at you for it. Just glad your as passionate as the rest of us.

8 Likes

discussions like this are what gets us to the bottom of it, like the back plate thickness you ended up being right at the end

2 Likes

No you’re totally fine, man! haha
I actually really appreciate you taking the opposite stance, as if my research doesn’t hold up to scrutiny or is clear enough, it needs revision (which I ended up doing :P)
It’s now a middle ground between both our points which should be pretty agreeable to everyone, with sources and evidence to boot. It uses your documents too and your vehicle heading centerline explaination, but still provides evidence for higher KE which I think is pretty fair to say.

I’ll let you get around to the reports i’ve made when you’re up to it, but you’ve certainly earned your evenings rest haha

Still my favourite Tech mod and I appreciate your work for us greatly, Gunjob <3

16 Likes

(Waiting for folks to realise I don’t even particularly enjoy playing as MBTs but enjoy SPAAs more LMAO)

2 Likes

IMG_1180
Average challenger 2 debate compared to everyone saying good job and good night to each other at the end of the day.

19 Likes

We all love Gunjob everyone needs some one to go against what we are saying or we just be an echo chamber

12 Likes

Personally grateful for the Independence Day reference

Getting onto point, many thanks for your hard graft and Gunjob’s for the (friendly and most loyal) opposition. much love to yous and anyone else who I’ve missed (Devil, Flame, Fireball, and all the other legends)

3 Likes

🧡
I’ve been playing War Thunder since 2013, and only took a short break before coming back in 2015. This game fills a niche for me that consistantly has me coming back and I want to contribute as much as I can to it, to make it the best it can be :9

Thank you for the support, y’all

12 Likes

I dont think i deserve to be mentioned with all these great names, but im honoured you value me so much :)

Uhhh oops. I accidentally just deleted my post on the baseplate weights…

1 Like

Well, how i could miss out the Gunjob (no ping as it is not needed) thanks?
Thank you for always being here for us, dealing with the reports (including the absolute mess that i am making), for taking up in the chit-chats that are happening here all the time, and for the overall contribution.

Welp…

It’s cool i’ve got a recording of it, but would rather not have to upload them as photos.

How could i go with thanks, without tanking @Smin1080p
Thank you for having patience for dealing with us, and for being our link to the developers and all the other things you did for us. Hope the job will be easier for you as the time goes :)

2 Likes

You get a one and only uniuqe chance to rewrite everything :D

@Smin1080p Is it possible to restore Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion - #5080 by Legwolf ?

I accidentially deleted that quite important post.
Tagging a few other mods who might be able to assist:
@Conraire @Pacifica @turxtar @DieJagdente

1 Like