Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion

Yeah they should add a south korean tree to japan and put one there, then give the UK and aus tree so we can get one.
Would be nice to have a good IFV to go with the Cr2’s

I do have a day job give me a chance…

Ok ok…
Will increase the ping time to one day :D

Told you.

As far as I am aware, when choosing a BMP for Switzerland, the warrior 2000 was recognized as better than the cv90

Spoiler

1512140760_11

The BMP Warrior 2000 differs in the modified case on which the Delco tower is installed

Armored Warrior 2000 showed itself best in the Swiss trials. Its tower, supplied by the American company Delco, was the most advanced tower proposed. It was distinguished not only by modern sights of the commander and the shooter, but also by modern program functions, for example, by fully automatic tracking of targets. The base armor of the hull and turret was made of aluminum, as a result, the gross weight of the vehicle was 31 tonne, which is relatively small for such sizes. To increase the level of protection on top of the aluminum construction, additional sheets are screwed onto the bolts, possibly from ordinary steel. In addition, due to the large size of the Warrior 2000, its ergonomics was the best among all tested machines.

Being a new machine, based to a limited extent on the Warrior BMP, the Warrior 2000 had some growing pains that negatively affected the reliability of the car. The manufacturer of the most advanced of the proposed Swiss BMP, the British company GKN, brought to the attention of the Swiss army that all these problems can be fixed, but soon sold its defense units to Alvis. This company owned the developer CV90 armored vehicles, the company Hagglunds, and later became part of BAE Systems. Alvis had no incentive to maintain two different production lines for the BMP market, which ultimately led to the curtailment of the Warrior 2000 project.

2 Likes

Yea, magic

I mean theres still a few warriors to add that have the bushmaster 25 and 30. As said above the 2k but along with that is the Warrior DRV which is just a short desert warrior… the DW aswell and stepping away from the Warrior platform is the Stormer 30mm oh and some Scorpion and Stormer with a 25mm bushmaster…

Or some South African ifv that wasn’t added in game

Nah the badger is poop what we need is that turret with atgms also.

Spoiler

So i found a thing
RDT_20240110_1540215973825428518632611

Spoiler

134339-7ca9777a809611ac9cfea74fac125d3a
134338-e41cd11578d1de37b7bfae615ac2af06

5 Likes

Chieftain APS…
ok…

Are you playing for Britain and might you be unhappy about something?))
All we have is a warrior without a stabilizer. Personally, I am ready to tolerate any lack of damage, the main thing is that the stability is

Have you seen the firerate of the badgers gun…
(Its the same turret btw)

Stabillizer

Which section here is relevant to the VERMA kits?

Spoiler

The passive armour refers to VARMA, but not in a obvious way
and this

What’s the relevance to the protection levels afforded by the VARMA though?

I took a BMP 2 APDS, as the most probable apds it should defend from. Sadly information about it is extreamly limited.
I also used base RPG-7 granade, not the tandem variant

1 Like

No I saw those, I mean the page I linked. I can see the others are relevant.

I just added it there as a prove that the thing on the side is varma, just to be sure. The more the better, aye?