Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

it was passed as sugestion ages ago

oh actually it was @warhead_beast who first suggested it

3 Likes

Challenger 1 Mk3 and all challenger 2s !!

Not all CR2 have those blocks on them.

Would they be able to model the Ajax’ acusonic sensors? IIRC the way they work is they ping the general direction where gunfire, even small-arms fire, is heard. The computers aboard would relay that information to other units or vehicles, though that would be too powerful in-game.

Here’s some more details.

Yeah it’s updated VARMA

Nope, only 2 and 2F. The TES and OES uses ASPRO and 2E and BN do not have them.

1 Like

Welp, good to know. At least we have a chance to get them to the Mk3 standard for now. Better than nothing. Next step is get a source that states some kind of protection we can base things.

Sorry I miss read I thought you were looking to know which challengers had VARMA, but know I know we’re talking about VARMA Series 1 which is on challenger 1 Mk3, challenger 2 DL2E and challenger 2 DL2F. As we know the DL2F and onwards had a more later version of VARMA !!

without trying to be too provocative… any ideas when we getting our Chally 2 devblog?

1 Like

Yes, I’m very surprised too. They promised to consider Britain first, but as a result, the Abrams received a personal devblog.

1 Like

The devs are back from holiday so it should be soon depends how much of a priority it is to them.

2 Likes

@Stona_WT Hi there, do we have a timeframe for when we could perhaps expect this devblog?

I of course understand that the staff do need (and deserve!) a holiday, however this was December the 21st that the original dev blog was released with reference to this. With this fast approaching 3 weeks elapsed since the original post, an update would be ideal, just to make sure it hasn’t been forgotten about and for the sake of transparency.

1 Like

I mean, we’ll wait and see. I’d also be interested to see where the Gripens are at in terms of performance, last we heard is they were being monitored but…

1 Like

balls missed that :(

god i forget the sounds are so nutty

I miscalculated and put in less gelatin than necessary.
But, its tasty

Spoiler

7 Likes

Damn, I often look on the Vickers mk.7 turret armour and what’s shocking to me that the breech area is so huge, is pretty oblique and the cover seems like it has Abrams-like composite behind it. But the sad reality is the breech is pretty void, having only some 200mm plate behind it like most british tanks after the good and loved CR1. I think that Gaijin has some kind of bias towards unarmoured breech areas in almost all British tanks past 1945, especially the MK.10 Cents, Challengers and the Vickers itself.

I wonder if theese decisions to model breech areas in Brit tanks comes from the fact, that the CR hadn’t any kind of composite NERA covering it’s breech thus all later deigns share that too?

Here’s my amateur visualisation

7 Likes

Cent Mk 10 is missing its trunnion (200mm), reported
Challengers2 trunnion is half its size, probably some other things that make the mantlet such a weakspot, also missing trunnion pins.
Vickers had very simmilar turret armour to the Cr1, reported

11 Likes

Cheesecake is like sex. Even when it’s bad it’s still good.

Love cheesecake, could eat an entire one to myself .

2 Likes