Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

@Gunjob i have heard you like Challenger bug reports, so i came to give you
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/yKKAfpg7xgSc
Also can you look at this one?
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Ykwh9tLHYjOq
Many thanks

4 Likes

Spooky. I wonder if that happens to other nations, like Russia.

People forget that Gaijin’s rules prevents bias cause they’re too busy letting inaccuracies get to them too much.

@SlowHandClap The roof of T-44 disappeared for a few months a couple years back.

Im hgoing to have to disagree with that. But not in the usual way. Pantsir. Im talking about it possible performance. You have 4 30 guns, 12 missiles that have double the range of other ones and are the fastest in the game, IRST. On paper it is a vechicle that outclasses EVERYTHING. If that is not bias idk what is. And no, saying that Russia needed it is wrong. Tunguska was doing just fine, stats were down due to people playing it as a IFV. And if adding new, why not TOR?

4 Likes

R-27ER as well, that is an insane BVR missile

3 Likes

Ah yes, that thing. Well, i will just say they got it too fast. FIne with it as it is, just too fast

2 Likes

Yep, the last year wouldn’t have been quite so bad if they didn’t hold such an overwhelming advantage in the one area the F3 is designed for

1 Like

Pantsir’s effective missile range is 12km, same as everyone else, and it still can’t hit targets. It’s only 18km against drones & helicopters.
Tunguska was not fine, that’s like saying Roland 1 is fine…

TOR M1 is superior to Pantsir, so you want Soviets to get a more powerful SPAA to replace one you incorrectly think is powerful.

That is why i told this. On paper that thing outpreforms everything. 16 is doable agains planes if they do straght line.

It was fine. I had the pleasure of playing it and i loved it. The thing is was when i played, i saw 90% of them on the cap holding LMB and dying.

I will be honest. I did not played is so i cant say, but on paper it is worse.

1 Like

yes, but still. Adding thing that on paper doubles everyone else is not a thing that should have happend. I think i would be fine if pantsir was added 2 majors later, it would be perfectly fine. But it was in my oppinion, just like 27ER, added too soon. But that is only my point of view.

@Gunjob do you think it’s worth putting this forward as a suggestion?

I just don’t get why gaijjin refuses to fix the mantlet armor on the cr2/3 there is a tonne of info on it. (yes I am writing in anger because this is the 5th time in 4 games I have died to a breach shot.)

@Smin1080p Are the devs looking into fixing the breach/mantlet armour. I just want to know as I don’t know if I should buy the OES. (I will if it gets fixed)

7 Likes

I love how even on the ingame model you can see the gun is literally floating in the air, since the trunnion block is not thick enough to actually reach the trunnion union.

That 200mm thick block should be, at very least, 400mm thick.

I just hope they fix the Challengers’ armor issues (mantlet, missing an internal 50mm thick plate on the sides too, side hull armor being 50mm thick and not 38, etc) once and for all…

These tanks have been Top Tier’s laughingstock for long enough- it is time to make of them the forces to be reckoned with they are in real life.

11 Likes

The more you look the less (armour) you see.

11 Likes

I have seen better tank armour modeling Leonardo da Vinci’s tank. I am genuinely giving up hope. I just got the CR2BN and I dont know if I should quit as the Cr3 has the same brain dead armour model. Might just go back to my nice and balanced 10.3 lineup (Rip Stormer🕊️)

ahhhh so if you shoot turret neck with any explosive it will overpressure?

Don’t know if anyone else has noticed but the “ERA” on the TES is now basically only being held on by the “composite screen” at the bottom due to the changes. Don’t know how they think these massive ERA blocks are held on but it definitely isn’t this way. You can check by looking from above in armour analysis and just looking down the sides as you can see the bottom composite in between the new 40mm composite (which probably is rha of going with what’s been found out so far) and the era blocks.

1 Like

Just don’t. When it comes to premium tanks Al Khalid or maybe even Chally DS are okayish, OES will be just pure suffering

3 Likes

Gaijin have shot themselves in the foot with the OES.

For Brit Mains and fans of the CR2, it would have, and has the potential to sell very well…if they fixed the issues the CR2s have had since they were added.

Instead they’ve added a copy paste TES with some extra visuals and a .50, which no one wants to touch.

As other have said, if it gets fixed, they’ll purchase it.

1 Like