Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

A minor change, but it might help occasionally: Community Bug Reporting System

4 Likes

Nice

A slightly more impactful report: Challenger 2 (All) - Commander should have thermals when aiming

5 Likes

Nice, I think it should be the same for the chieftain, you can even see the weld marks on the bustle

2 Likes

huuuuuge buff

2 Likes

its just hollow space behind the strike face? wtf

4 Likes

if it get volumetric armor, it will be quite thick
dreaming

2 Likes

Yeah they’ve been there since day one

and bug list updated. Had to add a new section for commanders thermal

2 Likes

Screenshot_20231215_152005_com.android.chrome_edit_348857458234787
I just want them to fix the gun breach from being basically hollow and allowing one shots

1 Like

But that would be unfair for the Soviets :P

(But yeah, its BS)

Does it have a full bug report for it?

5 Likes

I’m 99%sure it’s one of the most bug reported issues with the tank. So much so someone leaked classified information on its actual construction… Now gaijin are scared to buff it in absolutely any way leaving it to be pen’d by even a 6.7 tiger 2

Not to stick another report on to you but if you want to talk about something that is missing

The side add on plate is missing, in game, there’s a gap between the turret base and composite. The turret front has the plates modelled but not the side.

I can report this unless you want to

2 Likes

I did this 2 years ago and got nothing.

Was 2 years ago before gaijin changed the bug report to the new site? Maybe I try again… or you duplicate your report to the new site

1 Like

Id say send it again no harm

1 Like

I have a report in on the turret side armour being too weak in general.

1 Like

Also, are you guys interested in a forum post of the stuff the Apache is missing because after looking over a declassified technical document, it’s missing a good amount of stuff, mostly focuses on armor and survivability. I’m not asking the Americans because the American forums is a dumpster fire

Just noticed something looking over the Castlemartin incident, The challenger 2 crews are missing their standard Kevlar vest’s. We might not have spall liners in the hull because out crew have to literally wear them.

ECBA

3 Likes

Some western tank crews don’t have their vests modeled, I’m not sure how down gaijin would be to give crews body armor. I know for sure the Americans wear body armor. So do Canadians