Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

depends on the map. if theyr close range maps (like most of wt) all russians have to do is press w.

I obviously meant on close range maps.
Why would the Russian vehicles be better than the fully spall lined Leopards with blowout panels, tons of add-on armor (that’s far more effective than other Western add-on armor) and impenetrable UFPs?

Sweden even gets 3 fully spall lined Leopards which are FAR superior to any Russian vehicle in any environment, while only the T-90M gets a spall liner. And their 9040Cs also get a full spall liner. (The only vehicles that do).

The Leopards are far better at CQC because their gun handling, experted reload and reverse is better than what the Russians have - but with all of the survivability. Gun depression is useful on close range maps, as well - as every map has ridges and some form of elevated area.

Well, maybe if it gets posted more times they will. And if it does not work i can make the report with a newer version of the AEP-55

Shoutout to Gaijin for acknowledging there’s a problem, interacting with the community, addressing it publically and developing mostly accurate changes, only to sweep it under the rug and hit everyone with a giant middle finger to their community.

But great work guys, keep adding new vehicles and make 0 changes to the gamemodes since 2014, have zero level of consistency, keep contradicting your own statements, lying to your userbase and fooling yourselves into thinking War Thunder is some kind of advanced simulator that adheres to the highest of standards.

What absolute clowns. Wonder why you got hit with negative reviews like mad.

14 Likes

i disagree. russians have a lower profile making the lower plate on them useless face to face. in a frontal engagement firing at a t90m or leo2a7v if the 2a7v means that firing at the lower plate of a 2a7v will be easier. its basic geometry.

if a t90m comes rushing around a corner i either guess where the mantlet will be or im done.

All Challenger 2’s received an upgrade package in 2005 to 2006, I have an article about it

can you post it?

Here it is written that the most modern Challenger 2 has an improved version of the VS-580 with thermals.
http://btvt.info/3attackdefensemobility/sughts.htm
And here I found the Challenger 2 tronsformation in 2009 sorry it wasn’t in 2005 but 2009

And here I found another article that confirms that the Challenger 2 has thermals in the 360 spectrum

That one no.

And that one says that only casimir has tvd

Casmir is a screen added to the VS-580 scope

But it would not make sense at all to keep a tank that was developed in 1986 and was used in service in 1997 and without modification like Abrams has this does not make sense and is to be emitted only in 2030?

3 Likes

I’m sorry but have you even played a Leo 2 before? This is the chally forum so I will make this my last point. My friend has the strv and yes it is simply amazing to play and great all round, worth every minute he put into grinding it. However I have also played the t80 bvm and it’s playstyle is on a whole other level as I just held w and charged every tank I saw, I got shot multiple times, got penned multiple times, had my breach taken out 8 times in one match. You know what I didn’t do, die. The thing is basically immortal as long as you have basic map knowledge and you know how to play the game. The Leo’s have thier ammo in spots and hat allow me to accurately hit them easily even at high speeds, a t80 coming head on with you, I can either shoot the lower glacis and get his drive and maybe fuel explode him but that’s it, beach is a no go as it’s a count toss if it does any damage and he can shoot me either way. For spaa as long as their isn’t a pantsir up I can basically ignore them as who cares, I’m at 8km in a tornado so what fucking spaa could hit me but a pantsir and if I’m guiding in a bomb I’m going in a straight line. The new su 25 has missiles that can track, not the ground tanks, at 20km…. If you don’t think that’s a bit much then you need a reality check.

1 Like

580-30 is the thermal scope. There is also Sirius

So can we expect a thermal for commanders for TES and OES tanks, maybe even for an ordinary Challenger2

no, unless you have proof they mounted -30

When was the TES introduced? Was it 2007.

1 Like