Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

We know that Cr1 has a spall liner under the orange sound damper, if it is on the mantlet, probably
thats a Chieftain. Cr1 have the same structure

That sentence needs an Oxford comma tbh. Should be “…splinter-proof plates, and a splash sheet (1)…”
I’m not arguing against CR1 having spall liners in that area, I’m saying the splash guard isn’t it. Given what we know about the mounting for the L11 its probably behind the splash sheet to protect the splash sheet, so the NBC protection isn’t compromised by shrapnel or small arms fire.
You can actually see a similar splash guard on the chieftain mk11

you are in the wrong place, here is M1 technical discussion

However, both late and Early are 25.4mm
@DevilO6 tell me that late is a 50mm plate

Also I don’t know why this structure overlaps with armor
Is there two layers? 25.4+25.4?

War Thunder Screenshot 2024.03.08 - 10.59.50.86

The late should be 50. It was reported, but in game it is what it is

Maybe report again? Gaijin is currently re modeling CR2, perhaps this is a good opportunity.
If 2F get the 50mm plate which means the hull ke is 600+

There is no need to. Unless they action the report giving them the same thing will do nothing at all. They know it is there, they will look at it sooner or later. If they say they actioned the report and nothing is changed then it is a reason to make the report again

sad, if we have the 50mm plate, hull ke will be 624-644 which means DTC, M829, 3BM60 can not penetrate us

should we @ 1080P?

i think we should wait for the sencond dev.

they usually get a second dev with new patch notes the weekend after right?

1 Like

No. First of all he is on a break, second of all untill the report is actioned there is no reason to make another one.

JUST WAIT

5 Likes

You’re right, I should be patient. But 500+KE and 600+KE are completely different

Wait untill the Remodel is completed, then report innacuraccies.

Bad idea unless you want to wait ages. Better to get it as close to perfect as we can during the re-modeling stages.

Dev server is down so we cant really report anything further while its down.

In fact, I have seen gaijin re modeling HULL’s NERA bracket on the test server
but still wip

Dorchester 2e is early?

No DL2E and DL2F early are 2 different things

emmm?