Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Challenger 2’s firing rate will significantly decrease after 4 rounds and 5 seconds of loading

This is the same with all tanks, not modelled in game so 5 seconds is the best we can get really, even if a few crews can do it faster. As mytho said reload speed is all about balance, that is why the Cr2 had the best NATO reload, because it was the least meta NATO tank (ariete suffers), its why the M1 now gets 5 seconds, to help with the terrible american win rate. (And to sell more click-baits)

LEO 2A7V has the same reload speed as CR3 TD. i dont think theres a lot of balance

1 Like

Cr3 gets the same shell which is the best in the game (not including the new one at 10.0)

yea but it doesnt get the same armour, turret rotation speed, etc. if reloading is made for balance reasons this is poorly balanced

1 Like

Im going to give my honest opinion here.
It is for balance, all german guns have bad reloads, its purely based on the gun, shell, leopards armour and winrate, thats why the leopards have the bad reload.
I think gaijin gave the Cr3 the same reload based purely on the gun alone, since they wouldnt know win rate and how it would preform or they simply didnt care enough for the tank to tweak it, evidenced by the poor job of the damage model which people have pointed out here and on the Cr3 thread.
If you make a bug report for reducing the reload on the Cr3, now its been jn the game for a while, it might get through.

4 Likes

@Fireball_2020 do you have the challenger 2 hull ke data¿

hmm?

CR2 hull armor

What about it?

Is the HULL armor of CR2 thicker than CR1?

Afawk, it’s not thicker, but the composite SHOULD be more effective.

2 Likes

It’s interesting that in WT, the composite armor of CR1 has details, while CR2 is just a bunch of brown things

I remember in WT CR2‘s Chobham is 0.7?

It’s actually closer to 0.9 iirc

I have some questions

The dark blue part looks like a 60-70mm RHA/CHA, but it is not displayed in the game

Not in the tool tip no but it is part of the DM.

it that CHA ?

¯\ (ツ)/¯
Don’t know, you’d have to datamine it.

eba7e67efb2ccdbffab1892b191932f
little off the topic, here are some materials I have summarized
thank you so much