Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Ah ok.

Even so, assuming the IR tracker is Gen2/3, manual search would be fine with it.

Adding to this.

Maybe an overhaul of Anti Air is needed in game.

Place a few AI radar vehicles around the map (outside the bounds of usual tank play) to detect incoming Aircraft and relay that info to data-link enabled SPAA/SAM trucks.

4 Likes

They will have to add this as the CAS gets better and better, it will destroy top tier even more if they don’t.
They should just add anti radiation missiles at the same time, and give a big reward for destroying ai radar, it would stop players from hitting people in tanks a bit so less people will cry about CAS

They do indeed.

However, its Gaijin, becoming the new EA.

They dont care about the player base, balance, or anything. Its all about the money & micro transactions.

They only listened last time due to the review bombing…because that directly effected their income from the game.

4 Likes

Also a fun idea that got birthed in my mind. Missie truck not only uses the DL mast to communicate with missile, but also with command/radar truck using it, so it could leech out of other spaas in your team. Just a funny idea.

1 Like

Where’s that Goofy meme…

“I’ll f**king do it again”

Browsing Reddit the day the Abrams dev blog shit post was published, and they were calling for another review bombing.

There’s definitely another one brewing.

Gaijin cant keep using open sourced documents for russian vehicles, then deny everyone else the right to use them for other nations.

1 Like

There will probably be another one if they come out with another tone deaf, out of touch response like they did last time. People have realised that review bombing works and I doubt it will take as much as it did the last time for another one to happen. You can see how annoyed people are on the M1 and MANPADS topics, rightly so as well.

2 Likes

The thing is that isn’t a viable option

I’m not advocating to or not to when I say this, but if Gaijin needs to be review bombed for any sort of QoL or balancing changes to be made, then the question becomes “how viable is this game?”

Gaijin really needs to change tack or else i see another review bombing coming. And I for one know which side i’m taking.

Well i doubt anybody wants to review bomb again, but considering its the only thing gaijin has ever listened to doesnt help the case for not doing one.

Considering war thunder is gaijins flagship game and how much money they make on it, they arent going to question if they should just stop devolping the game.

Hopefully they realised from last time not to stir the pot and thats why they aren’t saying anything at the moment, my guess is they will wait perhaps another week, give the M1 a hull armour buff saying its not DU but an educated simulation of it, and for manpads they will buff them all.
If they dont do that and come out with something as bad as last time they kinda of seal their fate as far as review bombing goes

3 Likes

That being said, the challenger and other devblogs are gonna take a while if im right.

1 Like

Inverse player rule - the more players impacted negatively by a change, the less time needed to respond to said change.

1 Like

i think its just the Challenger devblog were waiting on now and thats mainly becuase they’re on christmas holiday (eastern orthodox christmas is later than normal)

3 Likes

I thought they were going to do some on spall liners for the leclercs and arietes.

The holidays probably do have something to do with the no response but looking optimistically its also partially what i said before, im sure the non orthodox half of the team is capable of writing the response, translating it to russian and having a single dev make sure it translates well.

They stated in a previous blog they dont believe leclerc has a spall liner and they are working on Arietes spall liner

it is just that one i think

lemme get my Challenger bingo card ready

• no evidence for spall liner anywhere on the tank
  • British tanks doing well anyway, don’t need a buff
  • Gun mantlet still effectively unarmoured
  • ASPRO-HMT can’t protect against anything under than an RPG-7 and can only provide 25mm of protection points at "STANAG Level 5 figures
  • Mobility is above what it should be actually
  • No more light vehicles planned for Britain
  • Stormer working as intended, it performs correct to real life
  • L23 APFSDS just explodes, because we say so
  • We can’t model HESH not exploding, but we can model T-80s not exploding when hit because “wet” ammo racks
16 Likes

Oh no, i forgot to make the Cr2 variants list, will fix that when i hit home.

1 Like

I dig the exceedingly low expectations

Working as intended™

CR2 is the only NATO Vehicle that has no Mantlet armour

4 Likes

missed out the, ‘we assume’

7 Likes