Carro Armato T-26B

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters

Carro Armato T-26B

History.

The T-26 Obrazom 33 was a Soviet light infantry support tank based on the English Vickers-Armstrong 6 Ton tank of 1929. The tank was born in the early 1930s and was soon updated by changing the turret setting, which it went from two turrets with a machine gun to a single turret with a cannon and a coaxial machine gun. The T-26B was widely used during the civil war in Spain, starting from the second half of 1936, by the Republican troops (who purchased various examples from the Soviets). During the war and among the various clashes that took place, a large number of tanks (both T-26B and T-26B1) were captured by the Italian troops of the Italian Corpo Truppe Volontarie, who restored several of them and they placed them in their own armored motorcycle units. The vehicle had both a positive and negative impression on the Italian units: General Babini in a report to the Italian High Command praised the tank’s heavy armament and armor compared to its Italian-German counterparts, but criticized its speed and mechanical reliability.

Armament and propulsion.

The vehicle was armed with a 45 mm anti-tank M1932 (20-K) [named Cannone 45/46 Mod.1932] gun of Soviet origin with a capacity of 122 rounds and 1-2 7.62 mm caliber DT machine gun with a capacity of 1.440 rounds (one machine gun can be placed for AA fire over the turret).
The tank was powered by a 4 cylinder T-26 engine with a maximum power of 91 hp, which could push the tank up to a maximum speed of 30 km/h.

Specifications.

Spoiler

Crew: 3
Maximum weight: 9.4 tons
Length: 4.62 meters
Width: 2.44 meters
Height: 2.24 meters
Armament: 1x 45/46 Mod.32 (20-K) and 1/2x DT 7.62 mm machine gun
Armor: 16-7 mm
Engine: GAZ T-26 4 cylinder 91 hp
Maximum speed: 30 km/h

Pictures and drawings.

Spoiler

Sources.

Spoiler

GLI AUTOVEICOLI DA COMBATTIMENTO DELL'ESERCITO ITALIANO VOL I by Biblioteca Militare - Issuu
LA MECCANIZZAZIONE DELL'ESERCITO FINO AL 1943 tomo II -parte 2 by Biblioteca Militare - Issuu
T-26 - Wikipedia
T-26 - Wikipedia
WWW.CORAZZATI.IT

2 Likes

-1 Absolutely not.

1 Like

+1 Always up for more T-26s.

1 Like

+1, since it was used by the Italians. I’d put it as premium.

3 Likes

explain why, i for one like captured WW2 vehicles being in the trees, at least in moderation

2 Likes

The T-26 is one of the worst tanks at its BR if not the worst, and for this reason it becomes useless in the Italian TT, if then someone is a “serial accumulator” of useless tanks who wants to add in the Italian TT, it’s not my fault .

1 Like

This dude tryes to absoluty bloat the Italian tree with captured equipment, which isnt even needed.
Absolute -1

1 Like

I am a hoarder of useless vehicles without a doubt, but I never said that the T-26 would be a good vehicle. I only suggested it because it was used by Italian troops.

2 Likes

Cof Cof Gaijin putting Russian stuff under the guise of Hungarian TT.

2 Likes

+1 for Italy as a 1.0 Premium, they only have 3 Premiums in Rank I and this is an easy reskin.

With clear Italian markings there is no reason why it should not be included. A Spanish Premium version would also be viable, as ~178 T-26Bs were captured by the Nationalists.

2 Likes

Dude, we don’t want to fill tech trees with copy&paste vehicles. Look at your poll results and take a hint.

2 Likes

We don’t want but Gaijin yes, and they will put copy&paste vehicles with guise of the Hungarian TT. At least this tank was used by italian troops.

2 Wrongs doesnt make a right.

I don’t get it, how putting it in Italian tech tree is somehow better?

1 Like

It would be a little better because it would have been used mainly by Italians.

1 Like

-1 to Soviet vehicles in the Italian tree, especially for low tier

1 Like

same i bought the independent just to have it i dont even use it

1 Like