Can't launch WarThunder in VR

I have an HP Reverb headset that I just got recently. I have tried several times to launch WarThunder in VR mode, but the game never loads. It will act like it’s going to launch, but then just sits there with a loading circle on the monitor and 4 little spinning balls in the VR headset. When I open Task Manager, it says WT is not responding. I’m not sure what to do to remedy this, so I am hoping someone can help me here.

Reverb can be a problem it seems, I have the same headset. In the settings there is an openxr option change it to steam vr. Going from memory but something like that fixed it for me. You need to have steam vr installed in steam too for it to work even if not playing warthunder from steam.

I have gotten Steam VR working and can launch WT from within that environment, it just never loads when I launch it.

Check the openxr steam r setting on your headset. Swap it and see if that helps. Also are you launching warthunder with vr mode switched on? Don’t think that’s it but thought I’d check.

Some further notes.

To use OpenXR with SteamVR, enable the OpenXR runtime in the SteamVR settings. Select Settings > Developer, then set Current OpenXR Runtime to SteamVR .

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/wsvvy1/can_someone_explain_all_this/

Some further notes.

To use OpenXR with SteamVR, enable the OpenXR runtime in the SteamVR settings. Select Settings > Developer, then set Current OpenXR Runtime to SteamVR .

This fixed it, thank you!

1 Like

Awesome. Same issue I was having then. Some updates or installs might reset this setting so if you have trouble just check this first.