Canadian Ground Forces Tech Tree

both

I see no problem with it being added to both US and Canada, similar to how other “collaboration” vehicles are treated. For example MBT-70/Kpz-70

Yeah I like that. I think the only issue you could run into is the US tree becoming overloaded. I’m not sure if that’s truly an issue however. Imo, using a Canadian tree to catch a good chunk of those US service LAVs by Saudi proxy could prevent that and cover both bases? Just a thought anyway

Can all go into the UK tree

As a Canuck, I say hells yes!

My icing on the cake would be a CF-18 on the air side of life.

3 Likes

No thx

2 Likes

Did an updated “middle case” take on this, with more depth and the addition of more Canadian-operated, foreign made vehicles. Operator nation is the flag, all of which are made-in-Canada vehicles either derived from the LAV, or the Senator anti-aircraft variant displayed at MSPO 2024.

Thanks!

🤔🤔🤔🤔

What does that mean lol

I don’t really know if I love it or not

Doesn’t look bad I don’t know the LAV-700 ALAS-MC and I thought the LAV III TOW was an LAV 25 TOW. Unless I’m mis-remembering

ALAS-MC was a turret on the LAV 700 tested at Yuma Proving Grounds, with a 50mm XM913. Likely plays like a wheeled, western 2S38. American flagged as they tested it once.

51666559272_4d0a9850fb_k-2

The LAV III TOW is equipped with the LAV-25T (Desert Warrior) turret, but for simplicity I labelled it LAV III TOW. Don’t know if it got a designation beyond that. Should have more material in the coming months as I get material from Lockwood Fonds AFC 227. Could also substitute with the ASLAV-25 TOW.

c9jzpvwk77e41

1 Like

It has to be said, the XM913 is a horrifying gun. What barbarism possessed them to make this? I can only imagine what it would be like on an LAV.

50mmdeliverables

1 Like

Mfw Canada contributed more to WW1 than the US ever did.
Let’s just ignore the part where the Geneva Convention was made partially due to the stuff we did
Americans flex about the nuclear bombs, but that was a war crime more than anything.

But yeah, Canada is definitely overlooked.
Even the funny mustache Austrian man said he was impressed with how Canada did during WW1

But yeah, Canada was viewed as one of the “minor countries” for the wars, but we contributed so much

2 Likes

Here’s an LAV from Aquino Tank Fest, in Oshawa, Ontario, was back in July

3 Likes

Ohhhh nice!

1 Like

Gunner sight?

I feel like I had asked at the time but I can’t remember, here’s some photos to help give an idea, the sight is directly to the left side if you’re at the back.
I think it might just be for passengers/commander, I could be wrong though

Maybe even just for the radio operator

From what ive read it might be a LAV 25 not an LAV III but im not sure as I havent personally seen the inside of either of them.

Regardless I really enjoy LAV’s

1 Like

Oh that’s entirely possible.
I did a quick look for the interior of an LAV-III online but couldn’t find anything.
I do have some books at home so I might take a quick look in those.

But yeah, apart from that, LAVs are pretty cool.

4 Likes

I want the LAV