Can we stop arguing over whether a particular vehicle is too strong or too weak?

I was notching 100% the same way you were but dropping patterns of 30-50 chaff and still being hit. So probably just NE being buggy as hell

And I still see 0 argument as to why BOL should remain artificially nerfed

1 Like

I Get where you’re coming from and for general game mechanic like IIR seekers I even agree to some degree. But artificially buffing and nerfing vehicles creates 2 real problems in my opinion.

  1. it leads bug reporting as absurdum. Because how can you bug report something that’s not based in reality/sources in the first place? It’s impossible. Granted that problem is not that big since bug reporting sucks already.
  2. If you start balancing vehicles via artificiality then where is the limit? If the Gripen can be nerfed via nerfing its BOL then can we nerf the 2A7V as well by just taking off a bit of armor in the UFP? Or can we make up an LDIRCM system for the Tiger, AH129D and Saraph so top tier Helis become more balanced? Asymmetric balancing based on real capabilities is what makes this game interesting.
1 Like

Usually when people argue whether a vehicle is too strong or weak its usually : “Is this too strong or too weak for the Battle Rating”

Idk man, I’ve been having no significant issues.

yes and most often the problem is that they aren’t raised/lowered in BR

At this point, I’m not convinced it is actioned based on balance. It seems to be actioned entirely by whoever so happens to review the report; if they don’t like the particular platform, it doesn’t get actioned. Gripen’s maws is still as bad as f111a, it has been bumped several times and remains in this state.

Realism would be fine if we had modes other than [Air/Ground] Quake. We have the battle rating system to address outliers in performance following realistic modeling.

MICA has not been an outlier in anything except for how kneecapped it is. But people will continue to insist.

? It has objectively a better seeker than the other Fox 3s which all share the same.