Can I only fire AIM 7D within 15km?

The Aim 7D has a “lock range” of 15km. When I fire beyond this my missile just explodes even though according to radar it has enough energy to hit the target. Is this because it has no lock? Do i need to have the second circle appear in order for it to work? Why let me launch then without it?

Yes it will be very likely to connect then

1 Like

i will give you a spoiler , aim-7D cant do 15 km if target use 1 brain cell, Personally, I’d recommend something between 4 and 6 km with a bit of luck, 7-8 km

I don’t know about 4km head on, doesn’t 7D have delay in maneuvering as well?
If it’s a fast moving target ±1 mach and more, 4km is too soon… even at 800km/h 6km minimum .
I’m not home so i tried statshark.

have , but in head on 1.8s delay , missile can hit

(Is 1.8s Delay)

1 Like