Call of the Dragon: Object 292

hell yea that sounds interesting.

checks the original devblog

ahahahahaha. imagine M1A2 with 650mm pen at 9.7.

as long as it is placed at some reasoable BR, sure.

but not abrams with DU inserts in turret and thermals and 650mm pen@10m@0° at 9.7.

Lmao. That line is a leftover from back when I originally posted the suggestion on the old forums. I initially wrote that line with the intention of drawing parallels to heavy tanks with good armor but otherwise poor performance. I, of course, don’t hold the same opinion now but I just never got around to changing it.

nah, its fine.

vehicle by itself sounds like great addition, and granted the lack of stabiliser would warrant lower br.

i just read the 9.7 line and nearly had a stroke imagining the resulting horror.

1 Like

What TD is that? Only 8.7 TD they have with a cannon is the PTZ89 with DYW1 round that has 443mm flat pen at 10m.

Bud it’s the exact same armour array of 3 x 50mm HHRA and 2 x 30mm Textolite.

Which are? Only tanks at its br i could find that “lolpen” the UFP are 2S25M with 3BM60, AMBT with KE-W and M1128 with M900.

Doesn’t really sound “all but Leopard 2 and Abrams”(which both are at higher BR) to me.

DYW1 has 510 at 100 meters 60 degrees.
Stryker MGS, M60 AMBT, Challenger Mk3, Vickers Mk7, Bhishma, ZTZ96 [all], Ariete P.

what

Why would you use LOS pen at a forum that no one else uses LOS pen ever…?

That’s just manipulative and confusing people on purpose.

All of these are higher BR.

Doesn’t lolpen the UFP.

“Lolpen” needs to be reliable and i’d say from further away than 0m…

So actually none of those above are correct.

Cause there’s no such thing as flat armor at higher BRs.
Using flat pen would confuse people since they’d never see flat armor.

are the sides of tanks no longer flat

Yes the pen number that is literally stated in the game and wiki would definitely confuse people…

This thread makes it pretty obvious that you confused people because you didn’t use flat pen.

They’re also not 400 mm thick, not even 200mm thick.

and its side armour

Only through the gunners side, but there is absolutely no reason to shoot the turret cheeks of an abrams even if it pens you are testing your luck if its even going to kill the commander and even if it does he will just reverse away and replace the gunner, you are better off shooting its breech at that point.

Shooting the Abrams under the breech and LFP oneshot it 80% of the times even with a shell like the 3BM42. I would be more worried about it shooting me with an HE shell than the APFSDS.

When all aspects are considered, I still fail to see how the 292 will be better than the T-80B.

2 Likes

You literally wrote one of the main reasons already:

It can pen the Abrams’ turret cheeks, one of the most highly armored panels in game.

• Has a 695mm penning round that goes 1980 m/s
  • Has armor barely worse than the T-80B
  • It pens more armor per second than the T-80B: 457/7.1 = 64.37mm/sec (T-80B), 695/10 = 69.5mm/sec (Obj 292)
  • They have the same horizontal traverse rate
  • Object 292 has mobility only 8.2% worse than the T-80B (power to weight ratio), which is still better than all but one of the T-72’s
  • Their top speeds are within 2 km/h of each other

So all in all, it is about as good as the T-80B in every way except the gun lolpens everything in the game, meaning it should go waaaaay up in BR. This thing is meant to be a glass cannon (otherwise why add it to the game), so it should be at a BR where it would be a glass cannon - like 11.0-11.3.

1 Like

If it gets an engine upgrade, 10.3 would be a good placement for now until we see how it performs.

They should give it its 1000mm pen shell (if there is enough evidence backing up its existence and performance) but it should cost something ridiculous like 7k SL a shot

It does have it, Gaijin is just using a formula, 695-700mm is 1000mm to War Thunder, unless gaijin nerfed it down heavily for balance.

We already have the Khrizantema and Kornet missiles on the BMP-2 which have over 1000mm of pen. Granted, these are shape charged ATGMs which don’t have the performance of darts but I don’t see why it couldn’t get over 700mm of pen. My money it’s simply on balance, it already has enough pen to go through pretty much everything (for its BR) but not strong enough to go through composite modern MBT armor, like the Strv or Abrams cheeks.

Granted its way too early for me to actually think but what in the gods name am i reading?

What metric is “pens more armor per second”?

2 Likes

They actually merged shell to accommodate to lower BR more. Projectile length is too short in game , looks more like Mango bit should look like Svinets.