Broken trees in custom locations

The latest CDK update has broken trees in user locations again. This happened last year, the trees still have not been restored for now. Is there any hope that this will be fixed, or will I have to manually remove trees at my location, measuring 10 square kilometers?
I`m talking about trees as separate objects, trees from the forest layer are fine.

The general problem is that all the trees are drawn at a short distance, almost closely. A partial problem is that some trees and bushes, when you look directly at them, become huge, stretch to the full screen.

Screens from one place on custom map. This is not the only case. There are a lot of such trees on my map. There are the same problems on many other maps, just look at the comments under any hangar on the custom map where there is a forest

I ran a test to find normal trees. I put a lot of different trees from different categories that I use. quite a few of them have loaded, which is a pity. almost all trees do not work. will there be any improvements in this?

pay attention to the shadows. trees appear only 10 meters away from the player, or at the moment of falling, if you shoot at them. What’s the matter? And what should we, the creators of maps and hangars, do now? Is there any communication with the developers not through the error service, which is useless?

It’s not perfect, but there’s a solution

You mean overrideRiLodRange - it hides the objects which really hit the performance. ? It will hide all the trees, or what will be? Is that what you mean?

You can increase LODs, so make objects appear at further distances, you just need to know its name and then add them to the file, then set the distance in meters.
If you don’t know how the LODs work just open the asset viewer and load any 3d model, you will be able to switch between them in the window on the right side.

Yes, I know what lod is, but I didn’t know it was possible to do that. So, I need just to put this code to the bottom of “mymap”.blk file (in content\pck_local\levels)? it looks like an interesting solution, I’ll try, thanks a lot! It may not cure the huge shrubs, but at least it will save the map from the disappeared trees. I’ll write back after I try it out

While that workaround/technique/information is a good patch/info to know, this could still need to be a bug report somewhere to let someone know this could need to be looked at.

overrideRiLodRange{
tree_oak_larger_a{
lod0: r=1000.0
lod1: r=2000.0
lod2: r=2500.0
lod3: r=5000.0
}
tree_birch_larger_a{
lod0: r=1000.0
lod1: r=2000.0
lod2: r=2500.0
lod3: r=5000.0
}
}

I am very grateful to you! This is a great success! I tried it on two trees that hadn’t loaded before. Now they are here, and everything is fine! It will take a little work, but it is 100 times better than removing all the trees. Thank you very much!

1 Like