Britain Air Forces

Thought I’d post this little paragraph I found in the archives for a laugh. The MOD did evaluate the F-22 as an alternative to the Eurofighter:

5 Likes

They went yeah its better but no air to ground and that price tag

F-117 too, it seems the UK has always been offered US stealth aircraft even those export forbidden, its always been the RAF saying ‘we’d love it, but we can’t afford it’.

IIRC BAE modernises a lot of the F-22, I know they also make the F-35 bays I wonder if they did those on the F-22 too. Also project Replica data was passed to the American’s and may have made its way onto the YF-22 and YF-23.

2 Likes

Rolls Royce make f35b middle jet i think

Yeah RR co-develop the engines and make the lift system.

Guys if the leaks are right which currently they are we could see the south african Gripen, which I’m happy cause gajin didnt just give us a premium tornado say its our new top tier aircraft.

1 Like

Though it could still happen cause it stated thats whats confirmed and doesnt include what they are working on so we might see a premium tornado for our new top tier aircraft. So we aint out yet

The one that is most likely

1 Like

Yeah, though if our new “top tier aircraft” was a premium C&P of the Gr1. Theyd be screwed.

on the good side is was confirmed to be a fighter

Or at least confirmed it wasn’t CAS

1 Like

Yeah same thing

this will be the part where we get a Bomber as its not CAS

Still i want Canadian CF-18 since it can also CAS like F-16C also it Canadian seem to be more suitable for British TT

2 Likes

It is more suitable but Gripen is most likely as their is alot no hint of any f/a18 coming to the game

Italian Harrier’s radar ping on RWR as F-18 maybe that count lol.

Yeah but USA still dont have that plane in their tech tree

In some way Britain and Sweden is in the exact same situation. We have an average top aircraft and the only way we get something competitive is ARH missiles, the Gripen, or the Hornet.

2 Likes

Yeah they way the answered both nations together in the q&a that they are getting new aircraft they are gonna get the same thing

1 Like

It’s a shame that we’re not getting the singaporean F-15