Britain Air Forces

Tornado FSP/Sea Harrier FA2 inbound

I mean, I can only think of two jets that wouldn’t count as real, those being the EAP and Hawker HS.1200

edit: ah dangit, forgot about the BAE P.1216/1214

yeah no prototypes or on paper upgrades something that some one has used

As we have already said, we are not close to Typhoon at all currently.

2 Likes

Are we close to the F-15 and Su-27 tho?

Then I hope that excludes F15s, Su27s and Su30s, etc as well. Sea Harrier FA2 Vs the current F16C “Might” be a reasonable fight (ARH Vs SARH) but FA2 Vs F15s, etc, would be DOA like the Tornado F3 was.

1 Like

@Morvran Expect to be facing F-15’s/SU-27’s in your suped up Tornado.

Or be like me, and hope and pray for initial CF-18 now and upgraded CF-18 with AMRAAM’s when the F-15 gets them.

I doubt that more and more these days. I reckon F15 with AMRAAM this December, If we are lucky we’ll get F18 with something close to Aim7M.

1 Like

so is it like more then a year away

I mean, if the F-15 arrives with AMRAAMs then whatever Hornet we might get would come with AMRAAMs as well, no point in limiting it to Sparrows in that case

F-2 won’t be 12.0, thus cannot remove F-16AJ.
F-16AJ can only be removed by F-16OCU from Thailand at this point.

2 Likes

i see the f/a18 coming before the f15

If we get F15 with AMRAAM then Typhoon F2 with AMRAAM the update afterwards. That is what is so stupid about it. They are banning Britain, Germany and Italy from getting anything competitive soon, but seem to have 0 issue with US and USSR reaching the same capabilities

1 Like

Well, yeah, it’s still rather early for any F-15 other than a basic F-15A limited to Sparrows

but f/a18 has to be close its flight performance isn’t as good as the f16 right

We can only hope they limit it. My concern is Japan. If Japan wants ARH, then F15 is the only choice. Japanese F15 with AMRAAM means US F15 with AMRAAM.

Nah, at best it’d be at same time [next update], but F-15 is coming first because of Japan.

@Morvran
It’d have to be the APG-63V3 F-15 with AMRAAM Cs in order to be equivalent. I doubt we’re getting that variant first.

@KhorneFlakez1337
F-15C.* Since A can’t be added to Japan.
People forget that F-15C was put into service over 10 years before AMRAAMs.

As I’ve said numerous times before, I don’t see them adding AMRAAMs in december, since there are too many problems to take care of

The early F15J is basically a slightly better F15A

So no AMRAAM for Japan then. Despite them saying it’s coming to all nations.