Britain Air Forces

Maybe because we haven’t had a competitive top tier A2A in over a year (heck technically we haven’t had any top tier jet at all in over a year) and the last time we did actually get a top tier A2A jet was 2019. Several nations got aircraft that never existed as stop gaps (Yak141 and F16AJ). But the EAP (which did actually fly) with some 9Ls or 9Ms and some Skyflash (or Aim-120), a reasonable number of flares (maybe 2x BOL rails) and a reasonable radar (Blue Vixen or Foxhunter) is apparently impossible. Meaning in all likelihood, we won’t get a single domestic aircraft for a while yet, even though we could. We could have had something months ago.

Other domestic options like the FA2 or F3 won’t be competitive due to the requirement for symmetrical weapon additions gaijin has imposed. Only hope now is Aim120C5 Vs Aim120B for most other nations, but I reckon that is unlikely.

1 Like

I’m saddened that we never put the Blue Vixen on the Harrier II and created the Harrier FG.11.

2 Likes

Yeah, that would have been very very good. Paul Tremmeling complains about that in his book as well.

3 Likes

Black Night is from at least late 2018.

Didn’t check that one, thank you. Just looked at the one at the bottom of the tree

2 Likes

no it was a early proposal that eventually became the challenger 3 actually 2018 i think but it didn’t eventually become challenger 3

Considering it shares many things in common with the 2E that does make more sense

So the Challenger 3 has a 1500 HP engine, Gen 3 Gunner and commander thermals In the CITV, better armour, the 120 L/55, and possibly Iron Fist.

I’m assuming that it would also get a Megatron-esqe add on armour package, and the dinner table on the 2F.

It was showcased for the first time in September 2018 at the Defense Vehicle Dynamics.

images i have seen of it doesn’t seem to have a aps but the army says it will have one it just deciding which one i think

Just read something hilarious

“The Black Night Challenger 2 Technology Demonstrator is an upgraded version of the British army Challenger 2 MBT Main battle Tank launched by the Company BAE Systems to bid for the tank’s Life Extension Project (LEP).”

Sounds familiar to another vehicle… Hmm…

2 Likes

It was a long time ago when Britain air didn’t really need any help, plans can change.

Yeah it was long ago there minds could of changed

So the Megatron then?

Yep, after a quick google its part of the CR2 Life Extension Programme, which was announced in 2013. with BAE’s bid announced 2016. So 2016-2018 is reasonable ballpark for the vehicle

Most likely next update as our rank 8. will just be Black night/2E + TES

I love the Cr2’s but if they add a BK+TES without the 1500Hp engine I am going to go to Hungary and hit the Devs involved in the head with a frying pan.

1 Like

I have no idea what engine it will have, but likely the same shells which is half the problem. They are underperforming big time. They stand no chance vs 12s. They are barely good enough for 11.7s

what br would chally3 be anyway it just be a better black night

All I want is the 140mm gun