Britain Air Forces

So why did they do that? Was it suddenly incapable of recon?

Edit: S in nomenclature means Strike which includes nuclear. So could the FRS.1 carry thermonuclear weapons like the We.177?

Do you even know what 10kT will do to any maps?

Get real ThermoNuclear tactical devices are not getting implemented.

You’re a bit late for that to happen since it’s been in game for a few years at this point :/

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Nice. I’m guessing that the FA.2 lost this ability to the Trident.

It’s been in game,… but not for the current purpose of solely Ground Attack,…

It is in game because of Gaijin adding a way to end high tier ground battles.

Must be low sales.
Sometimes packs get retired due to age, but I’m not sure if 14 months is old enough and I don’t think there would be any british, ANZAC or SA heli that could replace the pack heli spot

Edit: Actually, there could be a replacement coming from 'straya in form of the Eurocopter Tiger ARH

Seems that way:

Work began to improve the aircraft and it was originally designated the FRS.2, but removal of the strike role after the end of the cold war led to it being re-designated the FA.2 (Fighter Attack).

Source

Was anyone asking for the WE 177 to be added as a normal weapon?

Im sure no one in GRB would complain about getting nuked. They almost never complain about getting hit with a conventional bomb, so should be fine :P

4 Likes

Cold War ended so they weren’t really required any more. Navy only operated the small-yield version WE.177A, which for SHar were primarily to be used with the 10kt yield against enemy fleets.
0.5kt yield setting was available to be used as a nuclear depth charge from helicopters, against enemy subs

Screw bombs and nukes, why don’t they let us drop depth charges on tanks?

1 Like

Gaijin when?

If anyone’s wondering, the WE.177 had to be carried diagonally under the wasp because of it’s size.

4 Likes

1 Like

hawk200

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

H4

5 Likes

I guess Gripen C (Early) from SAAF no armed medium-range active radar homing BVR Air-to-Air Missile and limited guidance infrared Air-to-Air Missile only but equipped & used Rafael Litening III targeting pod, GBU-12/D Paveway II and Umbani precision-guided bomb kit

BAE Hawk 200 Early would be good choice multirole fighter 11.3-11.7 BR

There’s no such a thing as Gripen C (early) in SAAF service. It exists in a single version which most likely will be fitted with non-service laodouts anyway. Spliting it into 2 fictional versions would be too much imo.