Britain Air Forces

Yep,
It also has the Volvo RM12/GE404 engine which is the same engine used on the C variant. (F18 Engine)
Any differences in thrust will be very minor from tuning, but I am expecting them to have the exact same thrust.

The Weapons… no idea. Best case scenario it gets the exact same wepaons loadout, I have not seen anything to indicate the C variant has additional pylons. The JAS39A gets a full A2G compliment

Avionics

I dont have any data to show differences between the A and C variants RWR, and I havent seen what RWR the A variant is using.
Ap[parently the JAS39A in game is using the PS-37A, whatever that is.

Anyone on the dev server can you show what RWR is listed on thye pilot?

Are people seriously mad that gaijin finally decided to add SAAF aircraft to the british tree?
Have you guys considered that the SAAF used mostly british and american planes, which are already in game and available in the british tree? The first SAAF plane that would have made any sense to be added for a “subtree” would have been Mirage IIIs and F1s.

Britain didn’t need those and sicnce people didn’t ask for the Atlas Cheetah enough and/or gaijin doesn’t want to add it we haven’t seen any SAAF aircraft until now. People desperately wanted something that isn’t another Tornado or Harrier they now took the chance to start integrating the SAAF with a Gripen.

3 Likes

I mean i’m personally unhappy as personally i feel they could add a Typhoon and balance it by limiting its weapon sets, but equally given they are not giving us a Typhoon this is next best thing i suppose.

2 Likes

People are mad because Gaijin adding better version of Gripen to Uk while giving base version to Sweden.

İf you cant see what is right and what is wrong then its your problem not us.

1 Like

The PS/05 isn’t based on the Blue Vixen, Ericsson collaborated with GEC-Marconi though and used some of the same tech as on the Blue Vixen

Id rather have the Gripen C than a majorly gimped Typhoon.

1 Like

I don’t see how it is better. It may be labeled as a C, but the Gripen A that sweden is pretty much the same, but with more armament options

C will get a HMD and is just generally superior

A Typhoon would have been too early, sadly. The EAP could have come, but gaijin doesnt want to add it.
I personally would have wanted a Hawk 200 or the Atlas Cheetah instead, but people wouldnt have been happy with those

1 Like

Those are both MASSIVELY worse options than what we got, those wouldve been DOA for Everyone but YOU

2 Likes

Which shouldnt be.

This JAS39A is nothing but a frankenstein type of plane which has features that shouldnt have.

Also JAS39C will get HMD and should also have better Rwr and more hardpoints.

HMD and Rwr and engines but the SAAF Gripen is slightly different from a regular Gripen IRL

Hawk 200 wouldve been questionable. Idk if the 200 series has an RWR, but given the 128 (Hawk T2) does not i’d be bothered about getting that.

EAP would’ve made more sense but instead of applying rules fairly, they’ve decided the Yak 141 can magically get stuff it never got but the EAP can’t. and yes, i’m aware the EAP only got to carry stuff for fit testing etc etc

my point is theyre just making stuff up as they go lol

1 Like

I don’t give a shit if they would be DoA

Funny old thing you’re not everyone else.

Tornado F.3 and GR.1 are prime examples.

One is pretty redundant in uptiers, has an atrocious stock grind, the other is even worse in terms of balance, is unfinished, and was quite frankly a miserable aircraft on release.

Its a frankenstein as it has bombs and a better sidewinder
And a skyflash

Your weird.

Why? If I wanted to play a meta jet I wouldnt be playing britain.

Can a man not want a hawk

2 Likes

Because its finally getting a fucking meta jet? and your just like nahhh it shouldnt get one it should get another set of DOA jets to stay dead as a tech tree

2 Likes