Britain Air Forces

I heard someone say Hornet will be add in June 2024

From talks I had with people who know Jets the Spring update sounded likely.
With the Wepons they want to bring in early next year.

But this is my second-hand recounting as I don’t know anything about planes and don’t really care for much past props.

@Smin1080p @Gunjob
The available G load for the Gripen is 12G’s, and that should be accounted for with the 1.5x multiplier.

I’ll be linking you the current bug report about this, and on top of the source already provided of the SAAB test pilot explaining that you’re able to pull an extra 3G’s, I’ve made a comment with an additional source of that “Hard stop” features existence. I included a screenshot of the chart in question in my comment
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/picmqspxAv7r
Source of hard stop feature
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1474667015332274
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 03.59.39

It’s clearly a standard feature with the joystick - as shown in the table above - you need to pull with 7kgf to reach the soft limit, and an additional 8-13 kgf to reach the 12G hard limit.

There should be no doubt that War Thunders “1.5X structural failure” feature should apply to 12G

8 Likes

@Necronomica You could also edit your bug report to include my comment

I don’t think the UK will get a hornet.

Might want to post over in SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion as well

Thank you! done! :D

you better ping me when its done. that’s getting slapped straight on my Gripen when i get it. only got 70k done yesterday.

There’s quite a few ahistorical market skins atm

Edit because I forgot got to add context - from the eSports crates, they look very nice

2 Likes

@Morvran

3 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/picmqspxAv7r

Which means Typhoon and Rafale will be even more powerful in this case.

Reposting this here too because of the discussion above:

My issue just got this comment from @Metrallaroja

The developer has commented

“mouse aim doesn’t use limits for internal SCAS or FBW. It allow using max strength of aircraft.
hard g-limits were included to the SAS damper mode.”

I don’t understand if something was changed by our reports, or if this is describing the current state?

In either case, since 12 g load can be commanded by the pilot, the wings should obviously not rip off at 9g*1.5 in WT. Could someone shed light on this? @Gunjob perhaps?

JAS 39A/C Gripen wrong g load - resubmitted with primary source // Gaijin.net // Issues

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

Because both airframe can handle more then 12G but they are limited by FBW in real life.

İf Gaijin apply the same method to them they will be able to pull insane amount of G’s.

It’s a Dev decision and they’ve decided to not make a changed based on the information presented in the report. Sorry chap there isn’t anything we can do at this point.

Not for definite, I’ll have a look at the EF FBW stuff but i havent been able to find anything about a soft and hard limit on the EF to my knowledge there only exists the figure of +9/-3.

İm talking about airframe limit.

So am I, to my knowledge there’s no airframe limit figure outside of the +9/-3g figure. But i could be wrong.

My mistake then.

İf thats the case it should able to pull same amount of G’s like Gripen does.