Britain Air Forces

The later variants such as the E/F have iirc 11 hardpoints, but both the A and C have the same amount, 3 per wing and 2 on the fuselage

+middle pylon for drop tank

yeah that’s the problem

E/F still have 7 hardpoints like Gripen A and C have 2 more hardpoints (9 total + targeting pod pylon) with centerline one finally wired for missiles. That makes 9 missiles total.

are you buying the Gaijin horsedung about how theyre performing well?

the phantoms, well that’s because the players its facing are bad, not the airframes being good. any simpleton who knows what they’re doing can beat a Phantom. Notch the radar (not hard) avoid the gunpass, sprinkle some flares and you’ve negated his advantages.

As for the Tornado F.3, make it to close combat and you’ve literally won. unless you’re in another tornado.

They’re not good airframes, they statistically perform well because there are meatheads who will turn in front of your guns in an F-14.

I wish i was joking.

here

thank the lord. i’d countenance playing it then.

Uh… yesnt. I’d say it was competitive until the F-4J rocked up, which pretty much did everything it did but better, then the F-14 turned up where you just couldn’t win in anything but the first turn.

Now of course, you cannot win at all.

You sure the A should have 8? I was looking into differences between variants and one of the noted differences was the addition of fuselage pylons on the C for a targeting pod and fuel tank

Stop using that term is so wrong

the PS-37A is the radar of the AJ and AJS 37…
though in game its a copy paste of the PS-47 which is the JA 37’s radar but thats wrong and i’ve made numerous reports yet gaijin does not seem to care and i cant be bothered to write my reports again in this new forum so i guess we’ll just have to live with this inaccuracy

sooo with the rwr being the APP-27 its just like literally a 1-1 copy paste of the AJ(S) 37

1 Like

That’s like saying people just play China and Russian mains are communists mains

2 Likes

I don’t have to buy what gaijin says about their performance. I am performing well enough in the FG.1 and very well in the F.3

You do realise that the C is just the Export version of the A, with the only differences being in avionics, sensors and flight performance.

the C is not, in fact, “just an export version of the A”

2 Likes

The C is not “just” the export version, it is an actual upgrade to the standard

Yeah, that’s not right.

The C is not export
The SAAF Gripen C is different from Swedish ones as some of it was built in South Africa and uses some of their own stuff but in game this won’t be shown so i doesn’t matter

no doubt because everyone you play against is kind enough to hand you kills.

i play both of those aircraft too. what’s your point. I do well in the FG.1. not because its a good plane, but because the enemies keep making stupid mistakes and and i use good tactics to ensure i remain undetected until i’m too close to evade.

Objectively, the FG.1 is not a good plane for what its expected to fight. Tornado F.3 i have a whole lot less experience with. From what i’ve seen it can be good, but stock is absolutely hideous and even spaded it’s not always singing and dancing. in a full downtier of course, both aircraft excel. funny that.

The amount of kills i got on F-14A pilots is quite frankly hilarious in the Phantom, because they cannot play sensibly. one turn them and slice their plane in half with a vulcan. never gets old.

I think it has different lock angles tho