Bravy question

I’m sure I’m missing something very obvious, but how do I actually use the missiles on this thing against a plane? I can’t seem to do anything but manually target it.

1 Like

Current V-600P missile is almost useless against aircraft. Fuze radius is too big. Just use it against ships smaller than cruiser.

2 Likes

I suspected that, but I’d still like to get the mechanics down. Usually it’s ALT-X to target and then fire, but ALT-X seems to be tied to lead/follow distance. I’ve been using it against ships, and it’s good for ammo racking some ships, but in an emergency I’d really like to have the option to hit a plane at long range.

I think the missile only works in ATGM mode. There is no fire-&-forget, no radar-guidance. Your only option is to manually lead the missile onto the plane, very much like ADATs.

The ship was released half-baked, hence it doesn’t work like one would expect it to work.

1 Like

That must be it. It’s supposed to be SACLOS guidance, but it sure doesn’t seem to be working like the Douglas or Saetta.

I’d say it works exactly like Saetta’s and Douglas’s missiles. One difference is the starting trajectory which is whatever and resembles Douglas, a major pain in the ass compared to Saetta. I’d say I have no issues bringing back 2-3 DD kills a game using Bravy’s missiles. I dont even use her guns other for lolz.

1 Like

I too have been using it like that. I just wish I knew what key or control I needed to hit to lock on to a plane.

1 Like

Oh, you use radar lock for that. But don’t you also have a regular lock for the plane - same as a lock for a ship? I think it becomes effective at around 5-7km. And the radar lock is radar-dependent.

I’ve tried everything I do for any other SAM, and it just doesn’t seem to every lock. I can track planes from long to short range, but I can never get a missile to actually follow a plane. I can manually aim them (almost impossible) which is why I’ve only used them against ships. Usually ALT-X is what I would use in something like a Strella for instance, but that just changes lead distance. ALT-F locks it for tracking as normal. I just don’t get it.

1 Like

When you have the plane locked, does the missile start going off to the side? I think I saw it a few times - I think it actually goes to where it thinks the plane is going to be. In those instances I just kept the cursor on the plane, and eventually the missile connected: indeed, it has taken a shortcut and wasn’t following the pointer that I had on the actual plane. May be this is what you are experiencing?

1 Like

It does launch launch with an oscillating pattern, but even if I keep the cursor on the plane, it seems to have a mind of its own. That’s odd considering that I can be very accurate pointing it at a destroyer and hit just under a turret for a magazine detonation.

1 Like

Does anybody know for what for is the “ALT-L” command (most right icon in the bar)? It seems to have no effect at all…Actually there is still the issue that the missiles nearly can’t be used against planes.

1 Like

İt isn’t working currently. İt will have the same mechanics as pantsir , auto lead with radar or follow aim.

2 Likes