BR Compression issue in navy

Could anyone demonstrate to me how to make a scratch on Poltava’s paint with USS Roanoke before being swiftly defeated by Poltava in one round ? Since they are both BR 6.3 ships and all spawn in the outter sea.
64d32e4e7ae587c3a5fac2e7b119abf2

67a9c750be3929aa48d7099ed223c321

2 Likes

Curious too actually, been playing this BR more recently and I put 300+ rounds (AP rounds I do want to note) into Poltavas sister ship Imperatritsa Mariya from HMS Orion and did bugger all damage. So I really want to know where the hell you are meant to aim when you dont have top tier shells

3 Likes

Additionally: missile boats

Yes, welcome to naval.

Shoot at or just below water line directly below turrets #1 and #4. Mariya’s main belt does not seem to extend any deeper than the water line, and those two turrets also have ammo piled up really high.

Izmail and the new Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya also have this weakness. The other russian quad-turret ships (Poltava, Kommuna, and Marat) have all ammo deep below water line and are much harder to kill if you can’t directly pen them. Out of all those ships, only my beloved Mariya can reach 20 sec/shot though ;)

1 Like

You just can’t.
I think they are at the same BR because they are equally effective at killing bot cruisers.

Edit: Compression is still to blame imo. I haven’t played Roanoke, but looking at its stats, I would think it’ll shred cruisers if it goes to 6.0. But if naval gets decompression, we’ll probably be looking at a 5 min queue time.

1 Like

That’s the neat part.

You don’t.

How about using this instead roanoke to open fire against battleships
image

But yeah only change is either AP and getting lucky or spamming HE shells and annoy it to death , unless you are lucky and get it on fire on ammoelevators , and keep it on fire, since that is most deadly to those soviet battleships.

1 Like

Since there are plenty of bots, queue time Is acceptable even after the decompression I think. The major problem is the aircraft. If ,like The USS Iowa and Sovetsky Soyuz, go to 10.0 ,there will be a lot of supersonic planes,which can drop tons of bombs to the BBs while basically undefeatable even against the RIM-24, before gaijin Implement a major change to the naval aircraft’s BR.

1 Like

I still think queue time will be problematic.
Planes shouldn’t be the deciding factor as Gaijin can just raise their naval BRs, though admittedly they might not care enough to put in the effort. For example, F117 is placed at 9.3 so it can’t be used (I think?).

2 Likes

A Roanoke is not meant to compete 1v1 against a battleship. However, if you actually maneuver, the Poltava will have a very hard time hitting you. I see way too many players not using the advantages of their ships. If you want to sail broadside at a constant speed in a light cruiser, you might as well just J out.

1 Like

A and D keys are too hard to use, didn’t you know?

It certainly seems that way. I don’t know if players have gotten lazy, or if I’m just remembering the playerbase differently from when I started in naval beta testing.

1 Like

Probably a mixture of both to be fair.

Occasionally you get people that try to throttle evade you or actually know how to use A and D. Had a Cleveland do it today at 11km although I eventually sunk him.

Izmail proceeded to go though my bow and detonate me via fire right after since I didn’t know he was there and I was bow pointing right at him.

1 Like